3 replies to this topic

#1 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Subaru will run four factory Impreza WRCs in two teams in the 2009 World Rally Championship, with team principal David Richards interested in running a British driver in one car.

The British-based Subaru team have been linked to a possible Manufacturer Two squad for the last 18 months, but team principal Richards recently confirmed the move.

"We'll run a new team next year," said Richards. "We will get the car right this season and next year we can hit the season hard right from the start with four cars sharing the same parts and systems."

Despite confirming the second team, Richards said he wouldn't necessarily be looking for funded drivers.

"We would like a British driver, but I don't know who that could be," said Richards. "Beyond Britain, I don't know who's out there.

"The French guy, [Sebastien] Ogier looks good, but he's already under contract with Citroen. We also tried to get Jari-Matti Latvala, but he stayed with Ford.

"Anton Alen is good, but an unknown quantity in the WRC. We would like a British driver, but I don't know who that could be. We're not looking to make money with this team, just to cover the costs."

hopefully with more cars on the "grid" they'll have better reliability since they'll have more cars to test stuff on...

#2 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

hopefully with more cars on the "grid" they'll have better reliability since they'll have more cars to test stuff on...

if you throw enough shit at the wall some is bound to stick... :hsughno:

#3 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

if you throw enough shit at the wall some is bound to stick... :dunno:

Oh snap.

With the way WRC is going - they might be racing against themselves.

#4 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:50 AM

I was like "wut? subie in formula 1????????"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users