909 replies to this topic

#826 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Honestly, after looking at the McLaren 'media' this year (driving the new supercar, hanging out in the old car warehouse), I don't see the big deal in media days.

you're thinking media days for your team...
don't forget the sponsors... vodaphone, mobil, tag, santandar etc etc... some of them might have you doing really stupid stuff, especially if you're in a smaller team...

#827 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

you're thinking media days for your team...
don't forget the sponsors... vodaphone, mobil, tag, santandar etc etc... some of them might have you doing really stupid stuff, especially if you're in a smaller team...

We're talking about Renault here. Their sponsors are subsidiaries of Renault :kdubb:

#828 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Me thinks most media days are not cool like that...

[img]http://image.motortrend.com/f/motorsports/f1s-hamilton-plays-greek-god-apollo-brings-peace-to-troy/9844911%20cr1%20re0%20ar1/lewis-hamilton-as-apollo.jpg

:kdubb:

Would any of us not dangle around like a retard one night in exchange for a drive in an F1 car?

Let alone the millions of dollars that come with it? :h5:

#829 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

I'd even dangle upside down!

#830 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

Would any of us not dangle around like a retard one night in exchange for a drive in an F1 car?

Let alone the millions of dollars that come with it? :kdubb:

I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I also don't have Kimi's resume/skills either :h5:

#831 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I also don't have Kimi's resume/skills either :kdubb:

I'll never think he wasn't terribly overrated. I mean, come on, Massa out did him....

#832 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'll never think he wasn't terribly overrated. I mean, come on, Massa out did him....

but can we out-do Kimi? :kdubb:

I think Massa out-did Kimi mainly because of a lack of motivation at Ferrari, as much as he hated McLaren's environment - he excelled in it...he almost beat Schumi and Alonso to the chip if not for the McLaren's fragility.

#833 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

but can we out-do Kimi? :kdubb:

I think Massa out-did Kimi mainly because of a lack of motivation at Ferrari, as much as he hated McLaren's environment - he excelled in it...he almost beat Schumi and Alonso to the chip if not for the McLaren's fragility.

This is the weakest excuse in motor racing, I'd have more respect if he had crazy spontaneous explosive diarrhea than this.

#834 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

This is the weakest excuse in motor racing, I'd have more respect if he had crazy spontaneous explosive diarrhea than this.

That still doesn't take away from the fact that he's a talented driver though.

#835 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

That still doesn't take away from the fact that he's a talented driver though.

He's damaged goods though. He's not going to just walk into a top-tier drive without showing he has the hunger and dedication to match the skill.

#836 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

He's damaged goods though. He's not going to just walk into a top-tier drive without showing he has the hunger and dedication to match the skill.

I'll take a guy who's going to give it his all that's 95% as talented because there's more to F1 than raw skill. If it was a Spec series, perhaps not, but the development and dedication is too important in F1.

#837 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

Korean GP: FIA green light.

The Korean Grand Prix will take place later this month after the FIA gave the circuit a green light on Tuesday following two days of safety inspections.

Although the event has been surrounded by speculation for weeks that the venue would not be finished in time for the October 24 race, FIA race director Charlie Whiting was happy with the progress that had been made.

Whiting told race officials that he had seen enough at the track to convince him that he will issue it with the mandatory circuit licence that it needs to host a Formula 1 race.

In a statement issued by race organisers, Whiting said: "It is satisfactory, and I will issue the license through (ASN) KARA."

Race promoter Yung Cho Chung welcomed the FIA approval, and said he believed the grand prix would ignite huge interest in his country.

"We are delighted that all works are now finished to the complete satisfaction of the FIA, and we join the whole of Korea in welcoming the Formula 1 fraternity to the Korea International Circuit for the first time," he said.

"The KIC has been constructed to the highest standards, and will become the epicentre of motorsport in the country. We believe the Korean Grand Prix will be the catalyst to ignite enormous interest in the sport across the nation."

Aerial photographs of the track this week showed that the final layer of asphalt had been laid, but that much of the infrastructure around the venue was not yet totally complete.

F1 teams said at the weekend that they expected the race to go ahead, even though F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has expressed some reservations about it in Singapore a fortnight ago.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: "I think we have got to respect the fact that a lot of money has been spent, and a lot of effort put in, and I am sure the Korean nation will ensure that there is a grand prix."

Mercedes GP team boss Ross Brawn said: "As far as we know, yes it will happen. The final surface has been laid and they are finishing off the kerbs and so on...I think the infrastructure will be a bit weak, but we want to race there and we need to do everything we can, as long as it is safe to race there."

#838 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Well, the Lotus cars are pretty. :rofl:

#839 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

#840 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image

:mamoru: that's pretty good.

#841 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

:squint: new background

#842 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

Happy Birfday Kimi!!!!!

#843 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Everyone should read this article about the McLaren's development this season (till Hungary), just to get a full understanding of the amount of development that goes into the F1 cars.

http://www.f1technic...fb51fe206eaad58

#844 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

http://www.f1technic...fb51fe206eaad58

very interesting read... it's amazing how tiny little changes on an f1 car make a drastic difference...

#845 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

capable of accommodating more than 120,000 spectators at any one time, but of that capacity, barely half of the tickets have been sold, with as many as 60,000 still to shift.

Worse still, despite South Korea being the world's fifth-largest car-producing country, no major automotive group has been willing to back the showpiece event as a title sponsor remains elusive – whilst, to add insult to injury, national company LG is a partner to current world championship leaders Red Bull Racing. Some have been left lamenting what is perceived to be a sorry state of affairs indeed.

awesome...

#846 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

awesome...

Boy am I glad that the Koreans have a GP and that the San Marino and French events are gone. Awesome.

#847 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Boy am I glad that the Koreans have a GP and that the San Marino and French events are gone. Awesome.

Honestly, the worse these new GPs go, the stronger the case the old-world has for keeping theirs.

#848 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Honestly, first I was like :bowdown: then I was like :mad:

Sounds like we'll be adding Spa to that list soon

#849 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Not like Magny Cours ever had really good races though. Very fun track to drive however.

Miss Imola :bowdown:

#850 SeaMack99

SeaMack99

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

can someone remind me why kimi left F1 again cause he is doing horrible in WRC :rofl:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users