114 replies to this topic

#101 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

So RB doesn't have KERS on the car most of the weekend...
I do like their idea of just a "start kers" system to get them off the line...
no need for a massive battery pack, or regen system...

#102 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Would not be surprised if the FIA would soon make KERS mandatory...

#103 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

Would not be surprised if the FIA would soon make KERS mandatory...

the lower teams dont want to spend the $1,000,000 on it since they think they can get more pace out of a million in other areas. lotus said they would have bought it if they thought it was the most cost effective way to make the car faster but they said its not.

#104 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

RB just didn't have KERS at all, they are just that fast.

#105 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:33 AM

the lower teams dont want to spend the $1,000,000 on it since they think they can get more pace out of a million in other areas. lotus said they would have bought it if they thought it was the most cost effective way to make the car faster but they said its not.

You are properly answering a valid question with logic and understanding of the situation... but F1 does not know what logic is :o

#106 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

RB just didn't have KERS at all, they are just that fast.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner revealed after Sebastian Vettel's season-opening victory in Melbourne that the team did not have KERS on its RB7s from Saturday onwards. "We were a bit nervous about telling everybody before the race. We ran it on Friday and we weren't happy with the reliability, we felt it was a potential risk, so we took it off both cars and didn't race it at all this weekend."

they had KERS, but didn't use it after the first day of FP

#107 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

Amazing Seb had that kind of jump on hambone at the start without KERS :eek:

#108 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Amazing Seb had that kind of jump on hambone at the start without KERS :eek:

:werd:

If Webber pulled the sand from his vagina he would have passed him as well.

#109 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Lotus could probably do with another 4 tenths...they are still very slow compared to the established teams.

#110 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Useless TV director didnt show a single shot of this.

#111 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

"But on the other hand the stewards turned a blind eye to two other off-track overtaking moves involving Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Buemi, so perhaps Button was hard done by."

I missed this completely.

#112 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

wtf, i dont remember a renault getting damaged like that

#113 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

That Renu is so hot looking.. :wackit: And the battle damage makes it even more awesome...

#114 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

They couldn't cut a piece of wire to length huh? all that coiled up wire must weigh close to 0.25kg :mamoru:

#115 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

From F1 Fanatic:

McLaren understand reason for floor failure – Hamilton
Posted Image

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, Melbourne, 2011

Lewis Hamilton says McLaren have got to the bottom of the cause of his car's floor failure during the Australian Grand Prix.

Hamilton had to back off late in the race after part of the MP4-26′s floor worked loose.

He said: "The team have looked into the floor failure we experienced in Melbourne: it seems like the bond between the bib and the chassis was damaged so the damage looked quite bad by the end of the race.

"It was good to see that the car could withstand that sort of punishment, but, even so, I'm looking to give it an easier ride in Malaysia next week."

Hamilton expects to get a clearer picture of the different performances of the cars in next week's Malaysian Grand Prix:

"After the pace we showed in Melbourne, I think we can have another good race in Malaysia. Albert Park is a great track, but a circuit like Sepang is where the differences between the cars will start to become clearer.

"I'm really looking forward to using KERS and the DRS too – the rapid change of direction you experience when the car is really in the groove is phenomenal around here, and I think both systems will make the cars look sensational, especially in qualifying."

Team principal Martin Whitmarsh expects their rivals to be strong in Malaysia: "We don't think Melbourne showed us the best of our competitors' pace, so that only makes us more motivated to bring as much performance to the table as possible."

He added: "On paper, it looks positive: we were pleased that our Melbourne upgrade worked as expected, and the car's performance around the high-speed elements of Albert Park suggests it will be able to cope around Sepang.

"Despite this, the reality is that there was a gap to pole position, and we finished second and not first. Our target is to close that gap and get Lewis and Jenson into a position where they can win."

Jenson Button said the Sepang circuit, which hosts its 13th round of the world championship, has improved with time: "When I started in Formula 1, the Malaysian Grand Prix was one of the newest events on the grand prix calendar, but it now feels like an old favourite.

"I think Sepang's a circuit that's definitely improved with age: it's always been a great track, but it feels like it's grown into its own skin now, and is all the better for it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users