#101 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Maldonado should have given way

if you do this, you shouldn't be a racer, especially at this level...

If you want the old procession back, keep up the bitching.

it's Monaco, it's a given there is no passing... having said that, it was still an exciting race up front until the red flag tire swap...

sometimes your guy wins, sometimes he doesn't. Lewis has lived on a silver spoon long enough (look back to 2007/2008, he got away with murder). This race he was a one man demo team and got called out for being too agreesive then he put his own foot in his mouth. simple as that...

#102 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

If the season finishes early and it probably will it will have nothing to do with hambo :rofl: dude is already over 2 race wins worth of points behind and you cant blame the stewards for all that.

#103 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

It will have a lot more to do with him than Alonso. And you're wrong about Maldonado, senor R, plane wrong. Midfield teams like that need points more than they need individual effots for...sixth place. So instead of a sixth and tenth, Williams ends up with a 9th.

WTF is lived on a silver spoon? You mean earned his race seat by winning in the lower series? You mean the stewards looked the other way? It was a completely different set of rules/regulators. Can you blame the guy for being a bit confused when webber takes him out of Singapore, a street race with almost as little passing as Monaco, then tries a similar move himself? Again, the consistency doesn't seem to be there, and so clearly the best passer in the field is being looked at more often.

#104 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Again, the consistency doesn't seem to be there, and so clearly the best passer in the field is being looked at more often.

Kobayashi got a penalty too?

#105 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

if you do this, you shouldn't be a racer, especially at this level...

Whatever, when Lewis put a similar move on Michael, Schumi left enough room because he knew he was had. Maldanado should have seen that the move was already in progress and reacted accordingly, instead of trying to shut the door on someone who's already halfway through.

#106 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

WTF is lived on a silver spoon?

I'm not talking about getting into a top flight team his rookie year, i'm talk about for the first 2 years in the sport, the guy could do no wrong and was getting away with everything..

i remember a certain wet race a few years back where half the field ended up in the gravel trap... a certain british fellow with a permanent tan somehow was the only one that was hoisted on the crane and taken back to the track...

I like the fact that hammy isn't afraid to slice and dice, but he sliced a little too much this weekend...

#107 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Whatever, when Lewis put a similar move on Michael, Schumi left enough room because he knew he was had. Maldanado should have seen that the move was already in progress and reacted accordingly, instead of trying to shut the door on someone who's already halfway through.

maybe i'm not seeing it, it looks to me from Lewis's onboard that Mal was on the right line, lewis was on the inside and there is no way he would've made that turn without clipping it unless Mal went really wide... Lewis pretty much cut the turn and ran into the pilon... sure he had the inside, but he was too inside of the track and too far behind Mal to make the turn without having to swing left... watch the cars in front of them, Mal is on the right part of the track to make the turn, Lewis isn't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppjrZmK4eak

#108 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

I'm not talking about getting into a top flight team his rookie year, i'm talk about for the first 2 years in the sport, the guy could do no wrong and was getting away with everything..

i remember a certain wet race a few years back where half the field ended up in the gravel trap... a certain british fellow with a permanent tan somehow was the only one that was hoisted on the crane and taken back to the track...

I like the fact that hammy isn't afraid to slice and dice, but he sliced a little too much this weekend...

Everyone else killed their engines, he let his run until the red flag was thrown.

Of all places, ESPN's F1 site probably got it best.

His Ali G aside did not deserve the publicity it got, nor should Hamilton have been subjected to the opprobrium he was. It was a misguided remark that showed a poor lack of judgment on his part for sure, but little more than that. We all demand instant reaction from sportsmen. When they trot out glib, rehearsed soundbites, we complain. And yet when they say something slightly off message, we seize on it.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/50393.html

#109 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

maybe i'm not seeing it, it looks to me from Lewis's onboard that Mal was on the right line, lewis was on the inside and there is no way he would've made that turn without clipping it unless Mal went really wide... Lewis pretty much cut the turn and ran into the pilon... sure he had the inside, but he was too inside of the track and too far behind Mal to make the turn without having to swing left... watch the cars in front of them, Mal is on the right part of the track to make the turn, Lewis isn't...

And when he did a similar move on MS, Schumi realized there was a car next to him and made the proper space. Didn't make it easy, but he made enough room.

#110 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image
:rofl:

#111 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

And when he did a similar move on MS, Schumi realized there was a car next to him and made the proper space. Didn't make it easy, but he made enough room.

I would expect Virgin/HRT/Lotus to get out of the way, anyone else, let the fight for the spot... I'd hate to see "oh here comes Button, guess I should just give him my spot cause I'm not in a top flight team"... F that... go race in a different series...

#112 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I would expect Virgin/HRT/Lotus to get out of the way, anyone else, let the fight for the spot... I'd hate to see "oh here comes Button, guess I should just give him my spot cause I'm not in a top flight team"... F that... go race in a different series...

The Schu drives for HRT/Lotus/Virgin?

#113 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

The Schu drives for HRT/Lotus/Virgin?

that's his call if he wants to move... personally I'd expect more out of him... he doesn't seem to be putting much of a fight since his return...

#114 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

that's his call if he wants to move... personally I'd expect more out of him... he doesn't seem to be putting much of a fight since his return...

Rubens & wall

#115 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

There's a difference between giving room and shutting the door. I don't care what series you race in, you don't shut the door. Pastor flat out just didn't see LH - so I don't think he shut the door. That was LH being overly aggressive. Same in the hairpin with Massa. He flat out just understeered into Massa - F1 car's don't have enough steering to make that turn that tightly. He should've pulled the ebrake and dorifto'd Massa :mamoru:

Edit: As for LH's outburst - Nacho & Autosport has it right...a driver finally acting real and we're hating him for it. I prefer douchebaggery to non-emoitional corporate robots.

I've long complained about F1 drivers being boring and lame compared to MotoGP riders, but I would love to see more LH's attitude in the paddock. That's why I like Vettel - he seems to carry himself with more cool and calm than LH, but I def. don't want LH to keep his mouth shut.

Actually, the more and more I think about it - I like Button & Webber the most as a personality :o

#116 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

That's why I don't like Vettel. He won't say anything off message, ever. And the way he smiles and laughs at his own comments is 10x more annoying than Kimi's deadpan ever was.

R, you're crazy man, I like you. :rofl: Pastor shut that door hard, hamilton had the corner no problem. Massa turned into him after checking his mirrors, then kept it turned into him. Massa is desperate this year, and Maldonado didn't have the experience to know he was had. And you're watching the wrong series if you think position in one race is more important than point tallies. Williams is half a season from shuttering its doors as the team we know, they need the points/money.

#117 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Edit: As for LH's outburst - Nacho & Autosport has it right...a driver finally acting real and we're hating him for it. I prefer douchebaggery to non-emoitional corporate robots.

agree with this, but joking about or playing the race card, that's a little iffy... speak your mind I'll all for it...

R, you're crazy man, I like you. :rofl:

:hug:

#118 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

agree with this, but joking about or playing the race card, that's a little iffy... speak your mind I'll all for it...

:hug:

I don't think he did it on purpose - I think it was just a poor taste joke. I mean, we all come from OT, so we should understand that, right? :mamoru:

I think it was 50/50 in Pastor's case, but 80/20 LH's fault in the hairpin. I'd love to see Massa's steering trace at that moment...I just don't believe that Massa would turn in right there. I think the McLaren understeered. That is a tighttttttt corner.

Having said that, these guys are racing drivers and I think some of these penalities are a bit much. These were just as much a 'racing incident' IMO. But where do you find the balance?

#119 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

I in no way, shape, or form want louise to start acting like Nico or Kovi. This is sport, you want to root for some people, and against others. Louise plays the heel, he's a fantastic f1 version of the NY Yankees or Nikolai Volkov, and I want to see him lose and fall on his face every time he gets in the mclaren.

I just want to see him fail and run his mouth without taking out other drivers who are fighting for their jobs.

#120 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

I just want to see him fail and run his mouth without taking out other drivers who are fighting for their jobs.

Oh come on. Massa hasn't been the same since FA showed up. And let's not forget that Maldonado BOUGHT that seat from the undeniably talented Incredible Hulk with Venezuelan government oil money.

Say what you want about Hamilton, but he's gotten where he is with talent and not cash.

#121 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

Actually, the more and more I think about it - I like Button & Webber the most as a personality :o

Button, especially now with his WDC title, seems the most relaxed, confident, happy driver on the grid.

That said, he's not going to be as fun to watch on track as someone like Hamilton or Kobiayshi.

#122 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

Oh come on. Massa hasn't been the same since FA showed up. And let's not forget that Maldonado BOUGHT that seat from the undeniably talented Incredible Hulk with Venezuelan government oil money.

Say what you want about Hamilton, but he's gotten where he is with talent and not cash.

Talent and the right nationality.

#123 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

Talent and the right nationality.

Pastor's nationality probably plays a pretty decent role in his getting a ton of money from his home country's government, no?

#124 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

Pastor's nationality probably plays a pretty decent role in his getting a ton of money from his home country's government, no?

Same with Sergio, Petrov, etc.

No chance in hell Louise would have had his first ride at mclaren if he weren't british.

#125 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

There is one person and one person alone which I will never call a rolling demo derby... that man is Sato... I don't care how many times he smashes into someone, I can't help but love the guy :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users