2009 Grand Prix Extreme - Suzuka - ~*nobody cares about the title fight where is kimi driving next year thread*~

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Im callin Lewis putting final nail in Kimi's carreer/reputation if they are team mates next year.

#52 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

FP2 is like a wet weekend.

#53 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

I take back my previous statement.

FI crew making origami boats to float down pit lane :bowdown:

Marshall picked it up :D

#54 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

:bowdown:

#55 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't care where Kimi is next year (even if its not in F1)?

#56 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, I was there. :D

Took my GF to her first F1 race and then Michelin and Mad Max collectively took a shit over 100k spectators

:D

I was in disbelief when all but 6 cars went in after the formation lap :bowdown:

#57 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

:D All the tabloids are jumping on the Massa wants Lewis stripped of the title bandwagon :bowdown: his comments were pretty bitter but he never actually said he wants the title

#58 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

Im callin Lewis putting final nail in Kimi's carreer/reputation if they are team mates next year.

This.

#59 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

I don't think Kimi has been in top flight equipment all his career - I think he has always flattered his car. You can always look at his team-mate and up until Ferrari, he would absolutely dominate his team-mate. Also, during his Ferrari years, I think he started to lose motivation for one reason or another.

So you're saying that the McLarens he's been driving the majority of his career weren't top-flight cars, compared to something like the BAR Hondas, Saubers, or Jordans?

#60 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

Well he never won the WDC so obviously they were sub-par Posted Image

#61 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

bigtime

kimi should just quit while he's ahead and move to rallying

#62 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Lewis gets trolled by British tabloids, Massa's popularity continues to plummet. News at 11.

Posted Image

#63 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

wtf stickers :bowdown:

#64 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Lewis gets trolled by British tabloids, Massa's popularity continues to plummet. News at 11.

[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3228/lewistrolled.jpg

Similar sentiments from Button about wanting/having a 'fair' championship

Jenson Button will not resort to dirty tricks to win the world championship, Formula 1's points leader declared during a media briefing in the build-up to the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend.

The Briton is fully aware that if circumstances fall his way, he could win his first F1 world title at Suzuka - scene of so many previous dramatic and controversial showdowns in the past.

But Button, who holds a 15-point advantage over Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello, says that if he drove the Brazilian off the track in an attempt to secure the title, he wouldn't be able to derive any satisfaction from becoming world champion.

"I don't think it means so much to you [if you do that]," said Button. "It matters what sort of person you are, but it wouldn't mean so much to me if I did that or if I did something during the season like stopping the car on the circuit.

"I would feel like I have cheated myself and I am not the only driver who feels that. If Rubens was a different character maybe I would think differently, and I was in a different situation with a team-mate that I hated but I am not in that situation.

"I would feel cheated and I would feel like I cheated the people watching."

Button, who counts the bitterly contested 1989 championship – ultimately won by Alain Prost after he and McLaren team-mate Ayrton Senna had collided at Suzuka – as his favourite championship, says he would rather not win the title at all than to take it by foul means.

"Otherwise you would always think I have got this title but I cheated," he said. "What is the point of that? "It is a lie doing a running race and taking a short cut and getting a good time. You just don't do it. It would be just like robbing a bank."

Asked if he was prepared to bring more menace into his driving approach to secure victory, Button replied: "No. I don't see the point. It just ends up in accidents. It is better to be precise and for me I don't see what you are trying to get at."

#65 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

bigtime

kimi should just quit while he's ahead and move to rallying

#66 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

:D

Not the worst thing in the world.. Discovery HD (or is it HDT) is going to start covering WRC :bowdown:

#67 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

How many posts to get WDC rank?

I hope WRC gets Mitsubishi and Subaru back :bowdown: and Peugeot.

I want to see Loeb give F1 a shot too.

#68 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

i can has wdc? :bowdown:

#69 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

So you're saying that the McLarens he's been driving the majority of his career weren't top-flight cars, compared to something like the BAR Hondas, Saubers, or Jordans?

Not as bad as Hondas, Saubers, or Jordans were...no. But Kimi has shown that he can drive a less than stellar car, like his 2nd year with McLaren when they were using revised chassis's from the previous year at the beginning of the season (MP/4-17??? I can't remember the car off the top of my head.)

I think everyone knows that how fast you go has a part in how motivated you are - and Ferrari's environment didn't do a good enough job extracting that talent for whatever reason. Do I think it's Kimi's fault as well? Yes...but I still think in pure driving talent, he's the quickest on the field.

#70 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

Not as bad as Hondas, Saubers, or Jordans were...no. But Kimi has shown that he can drive a less than stellar car, like his 2nd year with McLaren when they were using revised chassis's from the previous year at the beginning of the season (MP/4-17??? I can't remember the car off the top of my head.)

I think everyone knows that how fast you go has a part in how motivated you are - and Ferrari's environment didn't do a good enough job extracting that talent for whatever reason. Do I think it's Kimi's fault as well? Yes...but I still think in pure driving talent, he's the quickest on the field.

In his 3 years at Ferrari he still managed a WDC, whereas he got kaput over a duration of 5 years under Ron 'Integrity' Dennis...

In the end of the day nobody gives a shit who comes in second, right?

#71 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

In his 3 years at Ferrari he still managed a WDC, whereas he got kaput over a duration of 5 years under Ron 'Integrity' Dennis...

In the end of the day nobody gives a shit who comes in second, right?

Hamilton won in his 2nd year at McMerc, which Kimi couldn't do in 5 there. :bowdown:

#72 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hamilton won in his 2nd year at McMerc, which Kimi couldn't do in 5 there. :dunno:

Without Ron :noes: Maybe that was the problem... I joke.

Either way Ferrari 'not extracting' 100% out of the driver then comes down to why the driver needs to be pushed to give 100%? If his heart is not in it anymore then should he still have a spot in F1?

#73 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hamilton won in his 2nd year at McMerc, which Kimi couldn't do in 5 there. :noes:

That's because Newey Kaboom left ... :dunno:

#74 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Without Ron :dunno: Maybe that was the problem... I joke.

Either way Ferrari 'not extracting' 100% out of the driver then comes down to why the driver needs to be pushed to give 100%? If his heart is not in it anymore then should he still have a spot in F1?

I do agree with that...

#75 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

I do agree with that...

See pics of him on his Rally Finland outing. Guy was smiling like it was Christmas morning. Honestly I think he'd enjoy himself more in WRC, and it's not like he needs to take contracts based on money..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users