#26 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Vettel wins the chip if he finishes 4th or better in the next race w/ Fred winning. Chances not looking too great for Ferrari without some 'luck' from Renault's alternator division.

#27 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

:rofl: cowboy hat podium.

now if only they would make the drivers were pointy round hat at suzuka :mamoru:

#28 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Those hats are awesome. :coold:

#29 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Awesome race!

#30 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

You guys should've been here man....What a race!! I was in T3, where Kimi went side by side...now i gotta downlod the race to see what else I missed haha.

Austin has totally embraced F1 - it went well beyond my expectations. I thought it was going to be a total clusterfuck to be honest w/ traffic, and the only time it was a problem was on the very last day when everyone was leaving the race. The shuttle buses they had moving people to and from the track worked out super well. It was all hands on deck kind of thing as I saw school buses with Dallas on the sides of some of them lol.

The track has an amphitheater that had concerts all over the place for the fans that wanted to wonder around and downtown Austin shutdown Sat & Sun for "Fanfest" which was automotive orientated. The partying didn't start as early as Montreal did, but there was still plenty of partying to be had late Sat & Sun. Unfortunately I only met up w/ Nacho once since we had such a large entourage, it was hard to organize everything.

Now for the track: What a BEAUTIFUL race track...and the viewing is incredible. It makes Montreal look like shit since you only see one section of the track in Montreal; in the areas that I sat at, you could easily see about 50% of the track, from near to afar. And the elevation changes...there's nothing like it. I can't WAIT to do a track day here! And the esses of T2-T5 omg...finally getting to see an F1 car's direction change is memorizing. I can watch that all day long and never get bored...just incredible. Montreal has a better city feel but hands-down, Austin's track kicks Montreal's butt...

:bowdown:

#31 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Glad to hear you had a good time. Looking forward to going next year.

No update from nacho, hope he didn't die from too much shiner bock.

#32 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Oh, yeah...the actual race. Super crafty of ferrari. Sucks that felipe is always getting cornholed, but at least he got some sort of recognition for the sacrifice. This was also the least annoyed I've ever been about hamilton winning.

There's essentially only 2 ways alonso wins, mechanical and race incident. Fred isn't going to outquali vettel. Even if he did, the chances of vettel pulling a 2010 Alonso are nil. That engine is gonna have to fail or grosjean is going to have to try driving over a blue car this time.

#33 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Oh, yeah...the actual race. Super crafty of ferrari. Sucks that felipe is always getting cornholed, but at least he got some sort of recognition for the sacrifice. This was also the least annoyed I've ever been about hamilton winning.

There's essentially only 2 ways alonso wins, mechanical and race incident. Fred isn't going to outquali vettel. Even if he did, the chances of vettel pulling a 2010 Alonso are nil. That engine is gonna have to fail or grosjean is going to have to try driving over a blue car this time.

Yup, Fred winning would still require Vettel finishing 5th.

Massa torpedo time? If the team principal was Flavio I certainly would not rule that one out, but it is a bit too much of a stretch coming from Stefano.

#34 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I still don't know what the rest of the race was like so I plan on d/ling the race tonight and watching it again...I shared a 3-way for one of those Kangroo TV things just to see how it was like...from now on, I'm going to rent one. It makes the race experience SO much better. GA + Kangaroo TV = FTMFW in Austin IMO. Will probably try to buy one when I attend more races in Austin. Or wait for a higher resolution screen - that was really my only complaint. But that's just me with #firstworldproblems lol.

#35 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yup, Fred winning would still require Vettel finishing 5th.

Massa torpedo time? If the team principal was Flavio I certainly would not rule that one out, but it is a bit too much of a stretch coming from Stefano.

Massa knows his Ferrari duty, no need for team orders.

#36 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

So where are all the snazzy pictars?

#37 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

By end of the week I hope :x:

#38 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Glad to hear you had a good time. Looking forward to going next year.

No update from nacho, hope he didn't die from too much shiner bock.

I'm alive, despite the 16 hour trip's attempts to the opposite.

Great town, great track, great time. We avoided that post race traffic by touring the bleachers (and shutting down the alcohol stands on the way). I think my one friend and I each got 6 of those souvenir cups before they ran out. :o I think Turn 9's seats would be my choice for next year. Not too much more than the turn 11 seats we got (which were pretty cool), but you can see 9, 10, 11 and 12+ pretty easily. If you sit on the left side, you can see the turn 6-8 complex as well.

#39 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

The helicopter pilots have been having fun all weekend... diving bombing like they're on the set of AirWolf... :rofl:

They came over our Turn 11 West seats hard and low so many times. It was awesome.

#40 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

wah wah wah. crying like a little bitch. take a page from kimi's playbook and just shut up and drive.

Seb is pretty sure that all other drivers on the track should have to pull over and wait if he's within 30 seconds of them.

RBR's calling HRT the bane of their existence because Vettel can't navigate traffic, and cut his own tire down on NK earlier in the season is pathetic.

#41 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Seb is pretty sure that all other drivers on the track should have to pull over and wait if he's within 30 seconds of them.

RBR's calling HRT the bane of their existence because Vettel can't navigate traffic, and cut his own tire down on NK earlier in the season is pathetic.

I think most people in the paddock want Alonso to win it this year, as a fan, including opposing teams. That's why no one had issues with Ferrari breaking the seal on their transmission. I get the jist that teams are tired of the way RB has conducted themselves, esp Seb, when he's not winning. Plus, I think his reputation will never really be 'amazing' until he steps out of a Newey car and picks something up that is slower and makes them win. In that example, I think LH's gamble on MB starts to make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users