#2226 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I'm sure they get paid something, just not enough to round up. :x

Then again i'd work for 'only' 100k and pose shirtless for homo promos if i got to drive an F1 car. :wtc:

:werd:

I'd go way more gay than a promo shoot to drive an F1 car for a living.

Maybe not nelsinho gay, but still gay. :hs:

#2227 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:43 PM

alot of my guy friends who are into sports talk about salaries and all that shit, i laugh. i point them over to top worldwide athletes were like half of the top ten are F1 drivers. its always shocking to them. "who the fuck are these guys?"

#2228 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

alot of my guy friends who are into sports talk about salaries and all that shit, i laugh. i point them over to top worldwide athletes were like half of the top ten are F1 drivers. its always shocking to them. "who the fuck are these guys?"

:americans:

So many forget that 95% of the world's people 77% of the world economy live outside the U.S.

#2229 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

i'm guessing the other half includes Tiger Woods and a bunch of soccer players from England/Portugal/Spain... and maybe Rossi...
but yeah, if it's not basketball, baseball, football, nascar there are no other sports in the world...

#2230 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

And the dude doesn't want to do 12 press days a year? :werd:

its probably cheaper to buy him out and bring in Alonso over the 3 years then it would have been to just keep kimi :wtc:

#2231 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

its probably cheaper to buy him out and bring in Alonso over the 3 years then it would have been to just keep kimi :rofl:

Especially since Emoso brings sponsorship from Spain with him wherever he goes.

#2232 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

if you hit the button in the far right corner, it will rank athletes per year. didnt know you could do that on wikipedia, but pretty cool. http://en.wikipedia....ports_contracts

top 3 there are F1 drivers, the rest place baseball, whatever that is.

this is a pretty good list: http://www.justshare...thletes-2009-2/

#2233 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:32 AM

Especially since Emoso brings sponsorship from Spain with him wherever he goes.

Makes you wonder why Kimi doesn't have Nokia shit plastered over all of his teams. Guess the novelty isn't really there in Finland.

#2234 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

Makes you wonder why Kimi doesn't have Nokia shit plastered over all of his teams. Guess the novelty isn't really there in Finland.

might have something to do with not being willing to do any corporate stuff :rofl:

#2235 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

Bizarre job switch of the year: Ferrari bodyguard Gino Rosato is to become Lotus Group's vice-president of corporate affairs

#2236 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

Renault signs first sponsor since scandal
By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 12:23 GMT

Renault has signed its first sponsor since being involved in the race-fixing controversy, after announcing a tie-up with Dutch watchmaker TW Steel on Wednesday.

Although the fall-out from the Singapore Grand Prix crash affair resulted in title sponsor ING quitting the team with immediate effect, the matter has actually resulted in an increased commitment from parent company Renault to make a success of its Formula 1 plans.

And the team was able to announce a three-year deal with TW Steel, which will become its official timing partner, ahead of the final race of the season. The logos of the watch brand will appear on the nose cone, front wing flags and sidepods of the Renault cars from this weekend's race in Abu Dhabi.

Renault's managing director Jean-Francois Caubet said: "The partnership brings great value for both the Renault F1 Team and TW Steel and confirms the team's positive outlook for the years ahead."

Posted Image

#2237 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:20 AM

Bizarre job switch of the year: Ferrari bodyguard Gino Rosato is to become Lotus Group's vice-president of corporate affairs

They probably just read his resume to the point where it said he worked for Ferrari F1 and hired him right then. :rofl:

#2238 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

They probably just read his resume to the point where it said he worked for Ferrari F1 and hired him right then. :rofl:

I would

#2239 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

http://www.jamesalle...rder-your-book/

Posted Image

Doesn't look too expensive, maybe somebody who actually enjoyed this year might like it :rofl:

#2240 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

http://www.jamesalle...rder-your-book/

Doesn't look too expensive, maybe somebody who actually enjoyed James Allen might like it :rofl:

Fixed.

#2241 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

In hindsight (which is always 20/20) I have enjoyed JA much more than Leggard.

His writing isnt bad either.

#2242 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

Raikkonen says McLaren the only option

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 29th 2009, 16:23 GMT

Kimi RaikkonenKimi Raikkonen has revealed that his only real opportunity to remain in Formula 1 next year is to complete a deal with McLaren.

The Finn is a free agent after this season, having agreed an early end to his contract with Ferrari, yet he has not yet firmed up his plans for 2010.

He has been linked with moves to both McLaren and Toyota next year - but he revealed ahead of Abu Dhabi that there was only one real chance for him if he was going to remain in F1.

"Toyota has not even been discussed," Raikkonen told Finnish television station MTV3. "If I want to drive [F1] cars, then McLaren in the only option. I should know the situation in the next few days."

Raikkonen said in the official FIA press conference in Abu Dhabi that there were other options for him outside of F1 – including rallying or even a sabbatical.

"Basically I have a few different options and we will see what is the best one overall and then make my decision," he said.

When asked specifically about rallying, Raikkonen said: "It is definitely one of them, but I mean it is not just Formula 1 and rallying. There are other things I could do and we will see what happens."

Speaking about the possibility of taking a sabbatical, Raikkonen said: "I can if I want. I can do whatever I want, but like I said before, I haven't made my decision what I want to do yet."

Raikkonen's decision not to pursue an offer from Toyota leaves the Japanese manufacturer facing increasing difficulties to try and find a top-line driver for 2010 – with Robert Kubica also having rejected its overtures to sign a deal with Renault.

The team is understood to have offered both Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock deals for next year, but it is looking likely that both will leave – Trulli potentially for Lotus with Glock closing in on a deal with Renault.

McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen could be one option for Toyota, with Force India's Adrian Sutil also being linked in connection with the team. Japanese Kamui Kobayashi will also put himself firmly in the frame if he impresses again this weekend, following an encouraging debut in Brazil.

#2243 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

I don't think Kimi has the will or the balls to bite the bullet, take a salary cut and drive for Mclaren.

#2244 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

I don't think Kimi has the will or the balls to bite the bullet, take a salary cut and drive for Mclaren.

:dunno:

the more this season progressed and after alonso took his spot...
i'm not sure he even cars about f1 anymore...

#2245 shallow777

shallow777

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

I think Kimi will end up signing with McLaren. My guess is that there are just a few things left they are negotiating so the deal isn't signed yet. (Things like letting him do a few rally dates during the season) I think he does still care about F1 but he also has other motorsports interests and cares about what he will do after F1.

I am sad Sato's name hasn't come up at all with the Toyota driver search.

#2246 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

I think Kimi will end up signing with McLaren. My guess is that there are just a few things left they are negotiating so the deal isn't signed yet. (Things like letting him do a few rally dates during the season) I think he does still care about F1 but he also has other motorsports interests and cares about what he will do after F1.

I am sad Sato's name hasn't come up at all with the Toyota driver search.

Sato is sponsored by Toyota's nemesis, Honda.

#2247 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Kimi Raikkonen has confirmed that he is in talks with McLaren about re-joining the British team, while denying that there was any negotiations with Toyota.

"It wouldn't make sense to change to any other team," Raikkonen told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat with reference to McLaren. "With Toyota there was nothing, although they said that we negotiated. We didn't speak with them; that was only what they said.”

Elaborating on why he is not interested in joining the Cologne-based team, he said: "It is not cool to drive bad cars."

It is believed McLaren is hesitating over Raikkonen's pay demands, and the veteran of 156 grand prix confirms that the delay has nothing to do with a reluctance to team up with team favourite Lewis Hamilton.

"Hamilton does not have anything to do with my decision," he said. "It doesn't matter to me who drives the other car."

Raikkonen, who has admitted that the World Rally Championship could be an alternative to F1, also played down reports he might just take a sabbatical next year.

"Next year I will definitely drive something," he concluded.

IBSkyliner

#2248 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

:rofl:

IBSkyliner

As much as I'd :love: for him to go back to McLaren, I think Kimi at Red Bull would be :dunno:

#2249 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

As much as I'd :rofl: for him to go back to McLaren, I think Kimi at Red Bull would be :dunno:

RBR has shown little to no interest in him though.

#2250 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

Elaborating on why he is not interested in joining the Cologne-based team, he said: "It is not cool to drive bad cars.

IBSkyliner

It's not cool to have disinterested drivers either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users