2009 Grand Prix Extreme - Suzuka - ~*nobody cares about the title fight where is kimi driving next year thread*~

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#26 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

came close to winning the WDC 2 times at McLaren but just missed out because back then they were McBooms, moves to a new team and wins WDC the first year there something MS couldn't do the final 2 years he was there...

but you're right, I mean compared to Jenson who's been midfielder for the whole time he's been in F1 til Brawn gets a good car under him... it's no comparison...

If McMerc had used team orders when Hamilton was up in the championship going into China Kimi and Ferrari wouldn't have had a chance. Hell, team orders to help Alonso would have won it for him as well. Team orders is what won Kimi his WDC.

Additionally, the McLarens and Ferraris have pretty much been dominant frontrunners the entire time that Kimi has been in F1, and you want to use the 'good car makes the driver good' argument when he's spent the vast majority of his career at one of the two? What about 08 when he couldn't be bothered to match Massa's pace, of even the first part of this year?

#27 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

What about your 3 years in Ferrari?

– The WDC-year went well and I got victories. Last season started well but then there were some races that I should have won but didn't. Then all of a sudden they just changed parts in the car and it wasn't a good thing. It took a long time before I got back to real business. But it was already too late for me.

This just in: Ferrari favouring Massa and deliberatelly sabotaging Kimi's car.

#28 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

If McMerc had used team orders when Hamilton was up in the championship going into China Kimi and Ferrari wouldn't have had a chance. Hell, team orders to help Alonso would have won it for him as well. Team orders is what won Kimi his WDC.

Additionally, the McLarens and Ferraris have pretty much been dominant frontrunners the entire time that Kimi has been in F1, and you want to use the 'good car makes the driver good' argument when he's spent the vast majority of his career at one of the two? What about 08 when he couldn't be bothered to match Massa's pace, of even the first part of this year?

it might have been team orders that gave Kimi the title, but Massa was already out of the running best he could do was win his home race... Alonso and Lewis both stood a chance of winning the title at the last race... you're telling me that if Alonso or Lewis had a chance to win the wdc at the last race and the other was mathimatically out that no team orders would come into play? that would just be stupid.

and about McLaren and Ferrari been front runners the since Kimi's been in F1... like I said before, he was runner up twice during the McBoom era (he lost the WDC by 2 points to Shumi and 9 points to Alonso)

about the second part... see below...

This just in: Ferrari favouring Massa and deliberatelly sabotaging Kimi's car.

Kimi was complaining that they switched the car up 1/2 through the season and it didn't match his driving style... this was nothing new, he complained 1/2 through last year...

#29 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:31 PM

it might have been team orders that gave Kimi the title, but Massa was already out of the running best he could do was win his home race... Alonso and Lewis both stood a chance of winning the title at the last race... you're telling me that if Alonso or Lewis had a chance to win the wdc at the last race and the other was mathimatically out that no team orders would come into play? that would just be stupid.

and about McLaren and Ferrari been front runners the since Kimi's been in F1... like I said before, he was runner up twice during the McBoom era (he lost the WDC by 2 points to Shumi and 9 points to Alonso)

about the second part... see below...

Kimi was complaining that they switched the car up 1/2 through the season and it didn't match his driving style... this was nothing new, he complained 1/2 through last year...

He actually lost by 21 points to Alonso and the 'car doesnt suit my driving style' is the most bullshit excuse in modern F1.

#30 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

He actually lost by 21 points to Alonso and the 'car doesnt suit my driving style' is the most bullshit excuse in modern F1.

just checked, you're right... 21 points, but still 50 points ahead (assuming my math is right) in front of P3... which was Shumi...

not every car is going to fit every ones driving style... look at what Fisi said about the difference between the FI and Ferrari... completely different driving dynamics, and when you're on the limit, if you don't feel comfortable, you're not going to have the best results...

#31 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

Read: "I can go faster if you give me a faster car."

#32 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

just checked, you're right... 21 points, but still 50 points ahead (assuming my math is right) in front of P3... which was Shumi...

not every car is going to fit every ones driving style... look at what Fisi said about the difference between the FI and Ferrari... completely different driving dynamics, and when you're on the limit, if you don't feel comfortable, you're not going to have the best results...

...and the next best Bridgestone runner in '06 was Rubens with only 61% of Schumi's points tally. Michael was the only driver in the top 7 to be on Bridgestone rubber too.

#33 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

Read: "I can go faster if you give me a faster car."

Posted Image

The thing with Fisi is totally different, new car with 0 testing and KERS which apparently makes a huge difference to how you brake. I dont think they radically changed the car last year, Felipe was just fine?

#34 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

...and the next best Bridgestone runner in '06 was Rubens with only 61% of Schumi's points tally. Michael was the only driver in the top 7 to be on Bridgestone rubber too.

Dont forget he won at Indy Posted Image

#35 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

Dont forget he won at Indy Posted Image

Yeah, I was there. :bowdown:

Took my GF to her first F1 race and then Michelin and Mad Max collectively took a shit over 100k spectators

#36 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, I was there. :bowdown:

Took my GF to her first F1 race and then Michelin and Mad Max collectively took a shit over 100k spectators

Hey I was up at 5am watching that shit :ugh:

#37 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hey I was up at 5am watching that shit :bowdown:

my friend called me after 6 laps and was all "are you seeing this?"

#38 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

I dont think they radically changed the car last year, Felipe was just fine?

explain how the mclaren this year went from back marking and P18 at silverstone to winning races after the major update...
not all updates are positive for drivers... my point is if you do something radically different it might be better for some drivers compared to others... last year, in Kimi's case, I believe it was Hungry where they made the change and he was complaining after that

#39 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Anyone have a link for 1st practice?

#40 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

bu..bu..bu..but Alonso owned Schumacher!!!1

#41 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

explain how the mclaren this year went from back marking and P18 at silverstone to winning races after the major update...
not all updates are positive for drivers... my point is if you do something radically different it might be better for some drivers compared to others... last year, in Kimi's case, I believe it was Hungry where they made the change and he was complaining after that

explain how the relative lewis/heikki performance stayed exactly the same while kimi tanked last year? I know updates can radically increase performance but you cant compare mclaren this year to ferrari in 08

#42 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

bu..bu..bu..but Alonso owned Schumacher!!!1

Don't forget he kicked Kimi's ass in 06!!!!!!!!!1!111

#43 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

Anyone have a link for 1st practice?

hxxp://www.justin.tv/p2pstation_net9

#44 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

is it supposed to be a wet race?

#45 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:07 AM

they are saying dry sat/sun

#46 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Kimi-Kubica Toyota 2010?

#47 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

I can do Suzuka in my sleep...
love this track :bowdown:

werd. that track took me a long time to learn though. what with the S curves. i gotta set up my wheel again when i get a new computer. :D

#48 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Massa started playing #2 before he was out of mathematical contention. Ferrari took their lead driver and put their resources behind him as far back as Monza. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but any sort of similar tactic by McMerc with EITHER driver would have put them as the victor that year.

The point i was making was that you can't point at the car being good as the only reason Jenson is fast when Kimi has had top flight equipment whenever he's been doing well.

#49 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

I wish my pedals didnt break so I could thrash around suzuka for a bit :<

#50 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

Massa started playing #2 before he was out of mathematical contention. Ferrari took their lead driver and put their resources behind him as far back as Monza. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but any sort of similar tactic by McMerc with EITHER driver would have put them as the victor that year.

The point i was making was that you can't point at the car being good as the only reason Jenson is fast when Kimi has had top flight equipment whenever he's been doing well.

I don't think Kimi has been in top flight equipment all his career - I think he has always flattered his car. You can always look at his team-mate and up until Ferrari, he would absolutely dominate his team-mate. Also, during his Ferrari years, I think he started to lose motivation for one reason or another.

Fastest driver in pure talent IMO, but very poorly managed by Ferrari. I'm willing to bet that McLaren's stricter environment brought out the best of Kimi. And FWIW, I think he's going to absolutely school Lewis next year. I'm calling it now...(if he's with McMerc that is)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users