#26 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm a bit tempted to go GA so I can spend more on the partying.

Also, what do you think hotel fees will run? Might be cheaper just to rent a camper. :hs:

#27 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:F1, Photography, Sports car racing, teh womenz

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'd need a home address...might take a couple of days to get there...but I can send teh monies now

edit...any address really.

#28 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

Yeah...I don't blame anyone if we can't make a decision right now. You guys all have had big life changes this year...Plus, the fact that they made tickets so late in the year, has toughened things a bit. And the fact that there's no data on Austin whatsoever...makes it even more difficult (ie: traffic, TV locations, hotels). I fully expect this first race to be a total clusterfuck. SSW & ACL get more traffric I'm sure, but their organizers have had years of practice to hone this down. First year in a new city for F1? Errrr....

Right now, a place for the weekend near a bus shuttle is going to run 1100$ or so. I don't recommend trying to drive into the track....it's going to be a clusterfuck for sure.

I have found my friends to split 5 ways for me...I'll send you details on places to stay as soon as I find them. If I can find a bigger place, I'll let you know so you can stay with us. I'm not sure SC Crew nor Canada Crew is going this year since I haven't heard from them, other than Jon (Tibby). Maybe you guys can talk it out to split a place? Hit up Ken...

But I'm pretty committed to making my order by 6/10 however...

#29 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

what about a package deal with gp tours or from F1.com? that'll be hotel, tickets, and shuttle all rolled in together. this could be an option for getting our hungover asses to the track, and a place to crash in Austin itself...maybe. We should check into that also.

#30 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

what about a package deal with gp tours or from F1.com? that'll be hotel, tickets, and shuttle all rolled in together. this could be an option for getting our hungover asses to the track, and a place to crash in Austin itself...maybe. We should check into that also.

They have shuttle service around the city heading into F1 already. Their ETA is 80mins R/T. I do know that FIA/FOM has already purchased out a lot of the hotels. Maybe GPTours has done the same?

#31 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

This might help visualize what each part of the track is like, in terms of car speed

http://www.f1fanatic...asters-f1-2012/

Turns 13-15 look MISERABLE.

#32 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

damn that's steep :/ Andrew and I's Budget was bad enough to skip montreal, I guess we picked a good year with all the protests.
i'd think that Austin with those prices is now currently out of the question, pending some sort of major life changing financial situation :o

#33 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

My wife and I are probably going with general admission. It's tough to justify $600+ between us for grandstands. :hs:

#34 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

I don't think I can committ by 6/10, I'm still not sure where I'm staying since it looks like I'm going by myself.

#35 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

http://www.vacationc...on_Cake/F1.html

Places to stay at guys...

I think I'm going to try to get a 4-6 bedroom place. Whoever wants to chip in for whatever we find, better speak up quickly!

#36 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Depends on price for me.. Any idea what the house would cost?

#37 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

Lemme know what you can sort out with a house, that would be a lot better!

#38 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

http://www.vacationcake.com/Vacation_Cake/F1.html

Places to stay at guys...

I think I'm going to try to get a 4-6 bedroom place. Whoever wants to chip in for whatever we find, better speak up quickly!

It seems like I'm gonna fly solo w/o the rest of the SC Crew...so I'm up for this, if you're cool w/ that.

#39 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

I'll assume the 4 of you guys. I have 4 on my end (including me). I'll see what I can do.

FYI, this is probably going to be the best choice...we're basically splitting rent per night and trying to make it from ~170-250 a person which will make it vastly cheaper than the comparable hotels in the area (I haven't seen anything under $400 ATM) :hs: I know things change but if i commit you guys, you need to stay committed. I know I shouldn't have to say this, but I'd better put it out there... You'll basically be fucking over the rest of us who made accommodations for everyone else involved (Mainly TX Crew.) And I'll probably ease this a bit by asking at least one day's rent for each individual staying with us.

Edit: Adam, I think you said you're sitting with us? If so, hit me up in private message.

#40 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

you mean like a deposit? want a signed and notarized contract also? signed in blood w/ my first born attached?

j/k...no problem. Just let me know how much...lulz

#41 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Man, this race is kinda absurd. I'm starting to wonder if Sao Paulo would be a cheaper trip. At least I'd get to go to a new part of the world.

#42 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Man, this race is kinda absurd. I'm starting to wonder if Sao Paulo would be a cheaper trip. At least I'd get to go to a new part of the world.

This trip is actually running par to Montreal so far in terms of cost for me. That's pretty shitty considering I'm a fucking local. And at least Montreal had a better transportation system then this to boot. But if it is any reason to go to Austin instead of Sao Paulo...I'm not in Sao Paulo :x:

#43 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

This trip is actually running par to Montreal so far in terms of cost for me. That's pretty shitty considering I'm a fucking local. And at least Montreal had a better transportation system then this to boot. But if it is any reason to go to Austin instead of Sao Paulo...I'm not in Sao Paulo :x:

It's crazy man. Sorry to say but I'm still not at the point where I'm comfortable throwing down 3 large for a weekend trip. Likely a no-go for me, and I'll just go a bit more baller for the MotoGP race at Laguna.

#44 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

It's crazy man. Sorry to say but I'm still not at the point where I'm comfortable throwing down 3 large for a weekend trip. Likely a no-go for me, and I'll just go a bit more baller for the MotoGP race at Laguna.

I understand :hs: I'll be in Cali here later this year tho...so we'll hang out then.

#45 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Supposedly there's a "pre order" code that you can use to get slight discounts on ticket prices. One guy posted that one code was "circuit"

#46 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm purchasing tickets for only Tibby, correct? I'm making my list now...

Current place I"m looking at...$100 a night. But the catch is you need to pay for Monday night too. So if you are only staying until sunday, you will still have to pay for Monday night. That makes it ~130ish a night. A whole lot cheaper than hotels...But that's only if i can get 8 people. The less people, the higher the price per person. I have 4 committed atm for the place...

#47 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

http://www.vrbo.com/212502

#48 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

So, 130/night/person? Or $130/night for the whole thing? That seems helps cheap if its the latter

#49 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

So, 130/night/person? Or $130/night for the whole thing? That seems helps cheap if its the latter

Per night.

#50 tibby

tibby

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

Per night.

Totally didn't answer my question...lulz. is that $130 per person per night...or $130 per night total?

Edit: or maybe you did....and I'm just a moran

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users