Fuck me I thought he was dead when that track worker got there. :sad:

WTF man, Kobayashi what the fuck?

#28 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

Damn, Vettel is blistering the fuck out of his tyres, Front and Rear both looked pretty bad...

#29 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

:bowdown:

Button to P3!!!!!!!!

#30 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Same story, different day.

#31 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Ferrari so bad on primes :sad2:

#32 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Ferrari so bad on primes :sad2:

:werd:

Massa passed Petrov on the last lap?!? lol.. 6 seconds in 1 lap.

#33 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

Good race...
Nico start out of no where
Schumi for drive of the race
good result for Red Bull
shame for Lewis
wtf Bruno at the start, learning process I guess

#34 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

boring, snoozefest. After Lewis went out, all the front runners relaxed. I fell asleep.

#35 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Kobayashi believes that it was the correct decision because he was able to continue without any damage.

"Let's say it was a racing incident," he said.

Hamilton agreed with Kobayashi's assessment after reviewing the incident.

"After watching the replay, I realise it was my fault today 100 per cent," said Hamilton via his Twitter feed. "I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though, I thought I was past."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94099

#36 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94099

props to hammy, he took some responsibility :eek:

#37 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

DDA, the spot was def. a financial decision, but one that I personally understand...Honestly, I expected more from Nick than just having a 2 pt lead over Petrov :oEdit:

Because they were comparing him to Petrov while taking into account their experience. A second year driver vs a 10 year veteran and the points difference is only 2. They were expecting Heidfeld to be a team leader like Kubica and he hasn't been. They figure that since he isn't filling that role that it would be better to get their reserve driver some experience.

I completely understand renault's decision here...I don't understand the decision being painted as merit based.

#38 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

props to hammy, he took some responsibility :eek:

mf'ing :werd:

Awesome track, awesome race. Now I'm tired as fuck for work :rofl:

#39 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Seriously...I don't understand how anyone is blaming Kobayashi on that move. Lewis MOVED Over on Kobi at the racing line. I love how everyone on the Beeb feed is saying it was Kobi's fault. If you look at the replay, Kobayashi stayed on his line the entire time...what was he supposed to do? Move into grass?

I thought it was a great race though - I wish Button had qualified better; he might've actually beaten Vettel. From 13th to 3rd isn't bad at all. :bowdown: Def. my favorite driver right now.

#40 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Seriously...I don't understand how anyone is blaming Kobayashi on that move. Lewis MOVED Over on Kobi at the racing line. I love how everyone on the Beeb feed is saying it was Kobi's fault. If you look at the replay, Kobayashi stayed on his line the entire time...what was he supposed to do? Move into grass?

I thought it was a great race though - I wish Button had qualified better; he might've actually beaten Vettel. From 13th to 3rd isn't bad at all. :bowdown: Def. my favorite driver right now.

Schumi went from 24th to 5th, and his teammate led the race for a while too. I think a lot of Button's comeback through the field (and Schumi's too) was the tire strategy coupled with a SC that worked out to negate the benefit of starting on the softer compounds.

#41 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:44 AM

Because they were comparing him to Petrov while taking into account their experience. A second year driver vs a 10 year veteran and the points difference is only 2. They were expecting Heidfeld to be a team leader like Kubica and he hasn't been. They figure that since he isn't filling that role that it would be better to get their reserve driver some experience.

Translation: They wanted Bruno's cash and name brand.

#42 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

Schumi went from 24th to 5th, and his teammate led the race for a while too. I think a lot of Button's comeback through the field (and Schumi's too) was the tire strategy coupled with a SC that worked out to negate the benefit of starting on the softer compounds.

Both Jenson and Michael started on the harder tires, then used the softs when the cars were lighter, to great effect against the rest of the field.

It makes a bunch of sense to me that saving the softs for LATER makes more sense than using them up front, when the cars are putting more wear on the tires and getting a decreased benefit. I don't know why the teams don't do something similar more often.

#43 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Both Jenson and Michael started on the harder tires, then used the softs when the cars were lighter, to great effect against the rest of the field.

It makes a bunch of sense to me that saving the softs for LATER makes more sense than using them up front, when the cars are putting more wear on the tires and getting a decreased benefit. I don't know why the teams don't do something similar more often.

Most teams are operating under the logic that it's easier to get as far forward as possible on the fastest tires till the last stop, then defend on the slow tires, than trying to attack after the last stops on the fast tires. That logic is sometimes less applicable at tracks where passing isn't as hard. With Schumacher and Button it was clear they were a lot further back on the grid than they should have been. For them it made most sense to use the slower tire first, in case they got stuck behind slower cars.

#44 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Most teams are operating under the logic that it's easier to get as far forward as possible on the fastest tires till the last stop, then defend on the slow tires, than trying to attack after the last stops on the fast tires. That logic is sometimes less applicable at tracks where passing isn't as hard. With Schumacher and Button it was clear they were a lot further back on the grid than they should have been. For them it made most sense to use the slower tire first, in case they got stuck behind slower cars.

:werd:

They weren't trying to gap anyone before the first round of pits...their first stints were both about getting past the slower cars.

#45 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'm so fucking sick of homers and slant during races...anyone know if we can get a Swiss feed?

#46 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

Having seen data on this now though, it'd be cool to see a difference in strategy from teams. Perhaps Nacho's onto something. I mean, JB pitted for a new wing from 13th and managed to get to 3rd. I hate what-ifs and all, but what if he was running in clear air from 3rd place and had 2 sets of primes for his last 2 stints. Possibility of actually passing Vettel if he was on the hard was there. Just look at Nico & Schumi. Schumi came back from 24th to get ahead of Nico...

BTW, was anyone else really impressed with Button's passing? He was very clever and raced very fairly...I was super impressed when he lined up Nico for the run up to Eau Rouge. He got too close to Nico before the DRS, so got into the wind to drag himself just a bit before deploying the DRS to eat Nico alive. :bowdown:

I'm calling it now: Button will be the '12 Champion! :wiggle:

Edit: Anyone else notice how the cars were able to follow up eau rouge too? Pretty awesome that they can do that now...:bowdown:

#47 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Having seen data on this now though, it'd be cool to see a difference in strategy from teams. Perhaps Nacho's onto something. I mean, JB pitted for a new wing from 13th and managed to get to 3rd. I hate what-ifs and all, but what if he was running in clear air from 3rd place and had 2 sets of primes for his last 2 stints. Possibility of actually passing Vettel if he was on the hard was there. Just look at Nico & Schumi. Schumi came back from 24th to get ahead of Nico...

BTW, was anyone else really impressed with Button's passing? He was very clever and raced very fairly...I was super impressed when he lined up Nico for the run up to Eau Rouge. He got too close to Nico before the DRS, so got into the wind to drag himself just a bit before deploying the DRS to eat Nico alive. :bowdown:

I'm calling it now: Button will be the '12 Champion! :wiggle:

Edit: Anyone else notice how the cars were able to follow up eau rouge too? Pretty awesome that they can do that now...:bowdown:

Take away Red Bull and that's a good possibility.

By the way, Webbers pass on Alonso at Eau Rouge - best thing hes done in like a decade.

#48 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

When's the next major rules change? 2013/2014 with the engines?

If so, I don't think RBR is going anywhere in 2012.

#49 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Take away Red Bull and that's a good possibility.

By the way, Webbers pass on Alonso at Eau Rouge - best thing hes done in like a decade.

When's the next major rules change? 2013/2014 with the engines?

If so, I don't think RBR is going anywhere in 2012.

Dreamcrushers :o

#50 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Dreamcrushers :o

Webbo to ferrari, button to RBR :naughty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users