#27 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Mr. Bean's reaction was the best part of the clash :rofl:

Hamilton's 'I'll force my way by and hope you'll yield' approach + Massa's 'I ain't nobody's bitch [except you-know-who]' attitude = crashes.

Actually, the three differing facial reactions in that pic together are :bowrofl:

WTF were the stewards thinking when they penalised Massa?

Awful race.

#28 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

At first I was like "WTF Lewis!?" but under replay, for sure Massa was looking over and saw Hammy there and turned in. I put that on Massa after review but at the time it looked like Lewis's fault.

And I'm going to eat my words, that's a good running race track...

#29 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

At first I was like "WTF Lewis!?" but under replay, for sure Massa was looking over and saw Hammy there and turned in. I put that on Massa after review but at the time it looked like Lewis's fault.

He looks over, realizes he's outbraked Hamilton, turns in and his rear left gets clocked by Hamilton's front right. Hamilton needed to realize that he wasn't going to make the apex before Felipe when he saw he had been outbraked.

#30 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Not sure which turn it was, but that really wide bulb shaped turn with the multiple lines was cool... the track was better than the map suggested...

#31 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

He looks over, realizes he's outbraked Hamilton, turns in and his rear left gets clocked by Hamilton's front right. Hamilton needed to realize that he wasn't going to make the apex before Felipe when he saw he had been outbraked.

...he should've realized Hamilton was still there though and that LH had the space; Massa shouldn't have turned in if he really saw him. Whatever, those 2 have it out for each other, and it's the most hilarious "rivalry" ever. They just act stupid...

Not sure which turn it was, but that really wide bulb shaped turn with the multiple lines was cool... the track was better than the map suggested...

Yep...Button & Webber using different lines really highlighted that fact. What a fantastic track, having damn near 1/2 of it being spent in 5th & 6th gears :bowdown: I tell you what, I'm just becoming more and more of a Button fan at the moment. Vettel, is by far and large, in a class of his own. But Button def. has been able to wring the living hell out of that McLaren, being able to pull away from Webber in a Red Bull like that.

#32 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

...he should've realized Hamilton was still there though and that LH had the space; Massa shouldn't have turned in if he really saw him. Whatever, those 2 have it out for each other, and it's the most hilarious "rivalry" ever. They just act stupid...

Hamilton got into that mess, it's his objective to get out of it. Massa doesn't/shouldn't have to surrender just because Hamilton is going to career into him.

The same situation as Massa v Hamilton and Hamilton v Maldonado at Monaco, it doesn't really matter if Hamilton was side by side down the straight. Where the corner was, Hamilton was outbraked and had to live with that.

Rubbish decision - and I don't even like Ferrari.

#33 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hamilton got into that mess, it's his objective to get out of it. Massa doesn't/shouldn't have to surrender just because Hamilton is going to career into him.

The same situation as Massa v Hamilton and Hamilton v Maldonado at Monaco, it doesn't really matter if Hamilton was side by side down the straight. Where the corner was, Hamilton was outbraked and had to live with that.

Rubbish decision - and I don't even like Ferrari.

But the same could be said for Massa and him not turning in. It really is a racing incident, at 60/40% IMO. Who owns the majority of the blame is up for the discussion...And that move only works when you aren't in a silly feud like theirs. Had that been Button/Alonso/Webber - that collision wouldn't have occured...

#34 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

But the same could be said for Massa and him not turning in. It really is a racing incident, at 60/40% IMO. Who owns the majority of the blame is up for the discussion...And that move only works when you aren't in a silly feud like theirs. Had that been Button/Alonso/Webber - that collision wouldn't have occured...

:werd:

#35 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Is there a list out there with a tally times drivers have been involved in crashes for 2011? My bet would be Hamilton or Schumacher at the top of that list. Massa can't be too far behind..

#36 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Honestly, if they penalized anyone but Hamilton, it really wasn't his fault.

Dude is a penalty magnet.

#37 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

Is there a list out there with a tally times drivers have been involved in crashes for 2011? My bet would be Hamilton or Schumacher at the top of that list. Massa can't be too far behind..

Petrov/Schumi had it out for each other quite a few times this year.

#38 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

Honestly, if they penalized anyone but Hamilton, it really wasn't his fault.

Dude is a penalty magnet.

"iz it coz i'z black?"

#39 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Having reviewed it I'd say it was Hamilton's fault for trying to force his way through.

#40 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Having reviewed it I'd say it was Hamilton's fault for trying to force his way through.

The official word is that Massa knew where Hamilton was, and had already moved right to give him room before coming back across

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/63239.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users