chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

:bowrofl:

Don't jinx it -- the FIA has done some crazy shit before.

OMG the world might as well come to an end as we know it...

#27 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

Ran out of the office in my house today screaming "Oh my god, Louise got DQ'd!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAA he lied to the stewards!!!!"

The SO gave me a really funny look. :bowrofl:

#28 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

Oh, and :bowrofl: to every post in this thread.

#29 PeaceCalling

PeaceCalling

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

whether there were lies or whatever the whole fuckin thing is stupid

demoting or excluding people is just shit and really is a bad aspect of F1.

#30 PeaceCalling

PeaceCalling

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

it's like what is the point of watching the race when days later the FIA are always going to change the result

there's no point watching

#31 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

A spokesman for F1's governing body late Thursday would not rule out ‘further action’ against McLaren Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton.

Following a reconvened stewards hearing at Sepang, the reigning world champion was excluded from the results of the Australian Grand Prix, having been found guilty of ‘deliberately misleading’ the Melbourne inquiry.

"We could not rule out further action at this stage," the spokesman said in Malaysia.

It is Hamilton and McLaren's breach of article 151c of the International Sporting Code that could carry penalties ranging from reprimands to total exclusion from the championship.

Rumours at Sepang suggested the matter could be referred by the FIA to the World Motor Sport Council.

McLaren Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh, however, insists that neither the team nor Hamilton 'lied'.

"I don't know what they meant by (deliberately misleading), you'd have to ask them," he said as he addressed swarms of media in the paddock.

"They believe that the omission of the information about the radio conversation between the team and Lewis was withheld and that is what they believe was misleading."

Triple world champion Niki Lauda told the German broadcaster RTL that he considers it ‘the biggest joke of all time’ that the FIA took four days to come to a definitive ruling about the incident.

you know, those minor details about telling Lewis to let him pass... :bowrofl:

#32 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

srsly what a clusterfuck

#33 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

whether there were lies or whatever the whole fuckin thing is stupid

demoting or excluding people is just shit and really is a bad aspect of F1.

rules are rules
albeit the FIA has a bad reputation of changing rules from race to race :bowrofl:

Compared to most motorsport races, an F1 race is relatively short, and it's not uncommon for a lot of penalties to be handed out after the checkered flag drops. myeh

#34 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

it's like what is the point of watching the race when days later the FIA are always going to change the result

there's no point watching

Accountability. You can't lie to achieve a race result...I for one am glad they're doing it. If you don't punish him for doing it, what does that say about the strength of the FIA? And the sportsmanship of F1 in general?

#35 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

i don't expect this will happen in a million years, but if the diffuser 3 get DSQ then fernando gets the win, followed by a double podium for STR (2nd place for buemi's first race) with adrian, nick, fisi, webbo and seb vet getting points.

STR would be leading the WCC, followed by renault and force india :bowrofl:

They already said that the diffuser ruling outcome will not effect past races.

#36 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

An olympic gold medal can be taken away for steroids, a golfer can be disqualified for not counting a shot, a touchdown can be taken back for holding. I don't see how louise being DQ'd for lying to stewards is any different.

#37 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

Ran out of the office in my house today screaming "Oh my god, Louise got DQ'd!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAA he lied to the stewards!!!!"

The SO gave me a really funny look. :hs:

:bowrofl: i did that in class today, i made some strange noise and said: "yay, hammy dq'd!!" no one was amused :hs:

They already said that the diffuser ruling outcome will not effect past races.

thank god for that...

#38 Resonator79

Resonator79

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, American Le Mans, most other motorsports. Football (American), basketball, hockey, gaming, technology, women :D

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

I don't care for Hamilton in the least, but I have a hard time believing that he would just straight up lie to gain 1 extra position during the first race of the season. Perhaps I'm being naive, but why would they risk something so stupid after all the flogging they've received from the FIA over the last couple of years? Not to mention the extra dose of bad publicity that would go along with getting caught...

#39 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Would they have gotten away with it if weren't for the new radio transmission rules....were all communications recorded before?

#40 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Would they have gotten away with it if weren't for the new radio transmission rules....were all communications recorded before?

dude, i gotta get those pics from my girl... so much fail man.

#41 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

So, can anyone guess how I feel about this? :bowrofl:

The punishment seems just. About the same as using an illegal part. :hs:

#42 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

dude, i gotta get those pics from my girl... so much fail man.

I gotta put pics of the vet bill up too, lol

#43 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Anyone still on the LH bandwagon now? I was hanging on...sorta. Hard to now unless I wanna get lynched :hs:

hell yes i'm still on board. lewis is still a phenomenal talent who can maximize a cars performance, and this incident just makes him more schumacher like. Reminds me of something michael would try to pull. :bowrofl: I wouldnt be surprised to see brawn or a brawn car get in some trouble sometime this year, so I'm not throwing hamilton to the wolves yet.

#44 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

i don't expect this will happen in a million years, but if the diffuser 3 get DSQ then fernando gets the win, followed by a double podium for STR (2nd place for buemi's first race) with adrian, nick, fisi, webbo and seb vet getting points.

STR would be leading the WCC, followed by renault and force india :hs:

See in my opinion this is the kind of shit that reallly hurts F1. You have different interpretations of a rule, a rule teams from both sides feel they have designed within the tolerances allowed and have made it clear during the design stages by asking for clarification. Because the rule has a 'gray area' it should fall on the FIA not the teams. When they get around to deciding on the designs in question they need to make their decision and move on. It's bad enough teams may have to redesign the ass end of their cars but to possibly DQ them for the FIA/FOM mistakes? :bowrofl: Bullshit

#45 Resonator79

Resonator79

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, American Le Mans, most other motorsports. Football (American), basketball, hockey, gaming, technology, women :D

So, can anyone guess how I feel about this? :bowrofl:

The punishment seems just. About the same as using an illegal part. :hs:

I completely agree with you! Regardless of why things played out as they did, I think they got what they deserved.

#46 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

And no, I didn't read the entire thread before I posted.

But I probably should have. :bowrofl:

#47 tefnut

tefnut

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

this incident just makes him more schumacher like. Reminds me of something michael would try to pull. :bowrofl:

:hs: so true

#48 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Trulli :bowrofl:

#49 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

hell yes i'm still on board. lewis is still a phenomenal talent who can maximize a cars performance, and this incident just makes him more schumacher like. Reminds me of something michael would try to pull. :bowrofl: I wouldnt be surprised to see brawn or a brawn car get in some trouble sometime this year, so I'm not throwing hamilton to the wolves yet.

like monaco parking spot.. but then afterwards michael's story would be the same in front of the press and the FIA stewards. he may have lied, he might not have. but his story was consistent throughout. lewis changing his story around means that he for sure gave a false statement, whether it was to the press or to the stewards. the evidence from the radio transmissions only proved it was to the stewards...

lets not forget that this would have most likely not been brought up again had lewis not gone and told speedtv.com one thing right after the race, then a hour later in the stewards meeting given a different account of what happened.

I don't care for Hamilton in the least, but I have a hard time believing that he would just straight up lie to gain 1 extra position during the first race of the season. Perhaps I'm being naive, but why would they risk something so stupid after all the flogging they've received from the FIA over the last couple of years? Not to mention the extra dose of bad publicity that would go along with getting caught...

apparently the radio transmissions were sufficient for the FIA stewards. what evidence would be sufficient proof for you?

i would think that nobody would be stupid enough to do this either, but there goes a young driver running his mouth to the press and trying to be open and transparent about things. this is probably why most f1 drivers act like such robots in front of the press, because everything they say and do is under the constant watch of the media. i don't think its lewis' fault he 'lied', more that the team came up with a statement after the race and lewis gave that statement to the fia stewards, even though it wasnt in line with his personal account of what happened that he had just given speedtv.com hours earlier.

#50 Resonator79

Resonator79

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

apparently the radio transmissions were sufficient for the FIA stewards. what evidence would be sufficient proof for you?

I think you missed my point. :bowrofl: I'm not putting into question the evidence or its validity, I'm simply saying that I believe this is more a matter of crappy communication/misunderstanding/whatever than Hamilton intentionally lying to the stewards. I was trying to say more or less what you just did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users