248 replies to this topic

#201 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Oh, and anyone who honestly thinks that Ferrari isn't still developing their engine to make more power is a retard.

They claim they're getting it thru all the regular 'reliability' modifications. I don't know if I believe that. But if so, someone work on my S2000 engine and get me another 25hp from the oil I use :werd:

#202 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

They claim they're getting it thru all the regular 'reliability' modifications. I don't know if I believe that. But if so, someone work on my S2000 engine and get me another 25hp from the oil I use :o

Sure it is. That's why STR has totally and completely leapfrogged RBR in the last race when the only difference in the chassis is teh engine, AND RBR gets the newer aero faster....

#203 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

Hamilton says he came close to not racing

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, August 24th 2008, 15:59 GMT

Lewis Hamilton in ValenciaLewis Hamilton revealed on Sunday that he came close to not racing at the European Grand Prix following some health issues.

The Briton had high fevers and neck problems before Saturday qualifying, leading to test driver Pedro de la Rosa being told to be ready to jump into the car in case Hamilton could not race.

"I've had a pretty miserable weekend, really," said Hamilton after finishing second in the race.

"I had the 'flu when I arrived so I had pretty hard fevers pretty much every day, and low energy.

"I also had quite a big problem with a spasm in my neck which kind of nearly did lead to me not racing this weekend."

Speaking about his neck spasm, he said: "I only had it once. I just woke up very very early yesterday, before 5am yesterday, and I had the spasm in my neck. Fortunately I've got a great doctor who was with me the whole way through it.

"It was so bad that I was struggling to basically stand up and so I had to have injections in my neck and take plenty of painkillers. Fortunately, as I said, I have a great trainer who helped. Pedro was looking forward to racing."

Although Hamilton said his neck was still sore, the McLaren driver is confident it will not cause him any trouble in the future.

"No, it won't be a problem again, I'm pretty sure. It's still sore! It was probably something to do with my pillow, the way I was sleeping, because it was just when I woke up.

"I think I've done a pretty decent job, considering."

pussy.. webbo would have podiumed while barfing in his crash helmet.

#204 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

pussy.. webbo would have podiumed while barfing in his crash helmet.

Well, he would have literally if an unspoken negro F1 driver hadn't caused another unmentioned F1 driver to ram Webba up the keister on a formation lap.

#205 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

How does anyone respect this faggot? What a joke.

lol

#206 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

what a boring race, except for the shitty ferrari blunders

i think the only person i saw overtake anyone was like kaz nakajima

#207 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

Well, he would have literally if an unspoken negro F1 driver hadn't caused another unmentioned F1 driver to ram Webba up the keister on a formation lap.

I love how teh RB camp switched the fault of that accident from their Golden Boy to Hamilton after they deliberated.... it was quite a different story when it first happened.

#208 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

I love how teh RB camp switched the fault of that accident from their Golden Boy to Hamilton after they deliberated.... it was quite a different story when it first happened.

What the hell are you guys talking about? I didn't turn the race on until the start...

#209 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

What the hell are you guys talking about? I didn't turn the race on until the start...

Japan last year, when Skittle ran into Webbo.

#210 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

Oh, and anyone who honestly thinks that Ferrari isn't still developing their engine to make more power is a retard.

Isn't there a rule saying you can develop it to make it more efficient or something? seeing the top 4 cars in the speedtrap with ferrari engines seems suspicious. Echoing what everyone else said, terribly boring race and not that good to look at either. Kimi was hardly outpaced by Massa he just never had a chance in clear air before VTEC kicked in. Massa shouldnt have got a penalty - all these butthurt whingers seem to have forgotten about Vettel and Fred a couple of races ago who went out of the pits side by side and no-one complained.

WTF happened to Heidfeld - bad strategy

#211 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Isn't there a rule saying you can develop it to make it more efficient or something? seeing the top 4 cars in the speedtrap with ferrari engines seems suspicious. Echoing what everyone else said, terribly boring race and not that good to look at either. Kimi was hardly outpaced by Massa he just never had a chance in clear air before VTEC kicked in. Massa shouldnt have got a penalty - all these butthurt whingers seem to have forgotten about Vettel and Fred a couple of races ago who went out of the pits side by side and no-one complained.

all the producers on the live feed were thinking "well shit, this is a boring ass race.. how do we get people to :o?"

#212 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

They can only make it 'more reliable." More efficient, by definition, would be more powerful.

#213 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

i havent read the thread but... what a boring ass race. kimi was drunk, massa must have had some magic schumi juice, and now he is going bald.

#214 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

i havent read the thread but... what a boring ass race. kimi was drunk, massa must have had some magic schumi juice, and now he is going bald.

pretty much, only thing you missed was nakajima being a blind gook

#215 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

pretty much, only thing you missed was nakajima being a blind gook

:o

I'm a gook and I wear contacts :hs:

#216 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:40 AM

Good race for Toyota overall. :biggthumb:

#217 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

:hs:

I'm a gook and I wear contacts :hs:

:o

#218 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Good race for Toyota overall. :biggthumb:

Toyotasan have found serious speed lately. BMW could have done MUCH better too if 'Quick':rolleyes:Nick could find the throttle pedal.

#219 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

Initial analysis of the engine fitted to Kimi Raikkonen's car, which arrived in Maranello this morning, confirmed the breakage of a con rod. Currently underway are further checks to try and understand what provoked the failure, even if it is easy to surmise that it could be a similar problem to the one that sidelined Felipe, three laps from the end of the Hungarian Grand Prix. Furthermore, the engineers were aware of a potential risk in general terms with the 056 engine fitted to Kimi's car, which was on its second race, given that the con rods were part of the same batch used on Felipe's engine. Changing the engine on Kimi's car would have seen the Finn start from far down the grid at a track where it appeared that overtaking was impossible, proving it's not enough to bring Formula 1 to a street circuit in a fantastic location to produce spectacular racing.

From tomorrow, the team is back on track. Andrea Bertolini will give the F2008 its first outing at the Monza circuit, using the second of four "joker" days available to the Formula 1 teams as part of the testing regulations. Felipe Massa will take over from the Italian on Wednesday and Thursday, with Kimi Raikkonen bringing this intensive test session to a close on the track that hosts the Italian Grand Prix on 14th September.

#220 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

apparently fuel corrected Kimi was faster then massa in qualifying... and ferrari was aware that kimi's engine was bad..but they thought to risk it.
the reason for kimi running more fuel in qualifying was to make the car heavier, therfore generating more heat into the tires.

#221 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:35 AM

or we can just blame micheal schumacher

#222 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

Lets hope Mclaren have spies inside of Ferrari and copy their connecting rod diagrams. What a fucking joke - minimal engine reliability problems for so long and, boom, this pops up. Hoping it was a manufacturing fault but I doubt Ferrari would let that pass in F1

Also, anyone else find it hilarious that Sutil was yelling at his team to let him pass Fisi? :run:

#223 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

Initial analysis of the engine fitted to Kimi Raikkonen's car, which arrived in Maranello this morning, confirmed the breakage of a con rod. Currently underway are further checks to try and understand what provoked the failure, even if it is easy to surmise that it could be a similar problem to the one that sidelined Felipe, three laps from the end of the Hungarian Grand Prix. Furthermore, the engineers were aware of a potential risk in general terms with the 056 engine fitted to Kimi's car, which was on its second race, given that the con rods were part of the same batch used on Felipe's engine. Changing the engine on Kimi's car would have seen the Finn start from far down the grid at a track where it appeared that overtaking was impossible, proving it's not enough to bring Formula 1 to a street circuit in a fantastic location to produce spectacular racing.

From tomorrow, the team is back on track. Andrea Bertolini will give the F2008 its first outing at the Monza circuit, using the second of four "joker" days available to the Formula 1 teams as part of the testing regulations. Felipe Massa will take over from the Italian on Wednesday and Thursday, with Kimi Raikkonen bringing this intensive test session to a close on the track that hosts the Italian Grand Prix on 14th September.

Come on! Engines that are frozen in development don't suddenly start having failures. Especially when all modifications are supposed to help reliability and not power output. And Ferrari's pace as of late scream that something's changed and STR's massive speed increase last race is fishy as hell.

#224 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Come on! Engines that are frozen in development don't suddenly start having failures. Especially when all modifications are supposed to help reliability and not power output. And Ferrari's pace as of late scream that something's changed and STR's massive speed increase last race is fishy as hell.

true, but could be a batch failure... dont they like x ray every part though?

#225 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

true, but could be a batch failure... dont they like x ray every part though?

Still doesn't explain massive speed increase on 4 Ferrari powered cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users