• Please log in to reply
1381 replies to this topic

#51 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

:bowdown: i have gotten so much hell for that...

im 5'10" 155 :hs: crazy, good driving weight!

EDIT: it was halloween! g/f wanted to go as dorathy and toto!! fuck, i didnt care, or think about it... :rofl::wtc::embd::wtc::hs::wtc:

#52 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

Has Eddie Irvine lost it?

Eddie Irvine, championship runner-up of 1999, has urged Lewis Hamilton to consider switching to Ferrari someday.

The 42-year-old Ulsterman drove for the British-based Jordan team in 1995 before accepting an offer to be Michael Schumacher's Ferrari number two.

And even though 23-year-old McLaren's Hamilton has just secured his first drivers' world title in just his second season of F1, Irvine said driving for Ferrari should be among his future ambitions.

"He may win a couple more with McLaren and he's loyal to Ron Dennis but he's got to move to Ferrari at some point," Irvine told Virgin Media.

Part of the British media's reaction to Hamilton's championship triumph last Sunday was to predict a financial windfall for the Swiss resident - including possibly a doubled salary ahead of 2009.

But Irvine insists that Ferrari is the place for a top Grand Prix star.

"Having been there, I've seen what it's like and it's a different situation to being with any other team," he said.

Hamilton is contracted to McLaren Mercedes until the end of the 2012 season.

#53 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

:bowdown: Say the quote in the Lumburgh voice for maximum hilarity (given the situation)

Hamilton said he was at turn ten of Interlagos' 15-corner layout before he was informed about the struggling Glock.

"They told me 'Glock's just ahead, he's on slick tyres, he's struggling, if you can overtake him that would be great'," he said.

#54 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

Lemme get that BAR shirt, I'm a small person and I need another.

As far as the multiple shirts I have no hate for the people who can afford F1 swag, mostly just envy. I was more referring to the fair weather fans you see all the time.

#55 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

Lemme get that BAR shirt, I'm a small person and I need another.

Jeska barely fit in it, both length and width. You're going to be too tall.

#56 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

I seem to recall her having some large boobings.... but yeah I'm like 3-4 inches taller than you, damn, back to ebay

#57 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Where is the Renot announcement :mad:

#58 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Lewis Hamilton needs two more Formula One championships to get his hands on the £5 million car of his dreams but he has no plans to try to reach Michael Schumacher's record of seven titles.

The 23-year-old McLaren driver, who will become the world's best paid sportsman after becoming the youngest driver to win the Formula One world championship last night, spoke to reporters this afternoon and said he had has his eye on becoming a triple champion.

McLaren team boss Ron Dennis promised the Briton before he entered Formula One last year that he would give him a rare McLaren F1 road car, currently on display at the Woking factory, if he won three titles for him.

'I want to win this car, I want to get this car off Ron,' Hamilton said. 'I will definitely work as hard as I can to get to number three.

'We made a deal, three world championships. It's a car that I've always wanted. I got a car book, a nice book for Christmas years and years ago when I was about 10, and it had the orange McLaren F1 LM on the front of it. And that was my dream car then.

'Then I got signed up by McLaren, I went to the factory and saw it and ever since I've gazed at it every time I've walked past it,' he added.

'Still today, it's the only car I ever really stop by apart from Ayrton (Senna's) 1989 car.

'I stop by it and I always open it up and just smell it - carbon, fresh, new. It's number one out of five and the most expensive and beautiful car in the whole world. It's the one that I want.'

Hamilton has scored more points and podiums from his first two seasons than any other driver, and some have already talked about him beating Michael Schumacher's record of seven titles.

But he said records were not on his agenda.

'I don't ever plan on trying to reach any of his records,' he said of Schumacher.

'It's not something that appeals to me. Records don't mean a huge amount to me.

'I love racing, I love getting in the car and winning championships. That's always been something I've loved doing, and the feeling you have after all that work from the people around you.'

A year ago, Hamilton looked wrecked after losing the title by a single point and then spending the night drowning his sorrows but last night he said he drank mostly water and enjoyed watching his team party around him.

Hamilton, with his proud father Anthony by his side today, can expect to earn a minimum £100million a year following one of the most exciting finales to a race the sport has ever witnessed.

This far eclipses the £31million that David Beckham earned last year and even surpasses the £72million earned this year by Tiger Woods.

But Hamilton has no plans for a luxury shopping trip with his new fortune.

He said: 'I'm comfortable in life. It's an amazing feeling to know that you've made some money, considering that I never had 100 pounds to go and buy myself some trainers when I was younger. To think that we can do that now is great.

'But I would have done it for free. It just so happens that I get paid to do my hobby, the thing I love, and it's nice to be able to take care of my family. That's all that really matters.'

McLaren F1 road cars sell at £634,500 when new.

A 1997 McLaren F1 road car, one of 64 examples built by the company, was sold at auction by Sotheby's in London last Thursday for £2.53million.

Speaking about the Woking sample Dennis said: 'This particular car is the rarest of the F1s, it's an LM. So I would say it was worth at least double that (auction price).

'At least I don't have to give it away for a couple of years but it will be a small price to pay for three world championships.'

British viewers held their breath as Hamilton overtook another driver on the last bend of the Brazilian Grand Prix to rescue the world championship with seconds to spare.

He had needed to come fifth in the race to finish top of the championship ahead of his nearest rival Felipe Massa, even if Massa won.

With three laps left, and Brazilian Massa in the lead, Hamilton was back in sixth after having stopped to change his tyres to suit the wet conditions.

Massa's Ferrari team-mates were already celebrating when he roared over the line.

But their jubilation turned to dismay when Hamilton's McLaren sped past Toyota's Timo Glock, who was still using dry-weather tyres, to secure the fifth place he needed.

There were boos from the crowd who were furious that Massa had been deprived of the championship.

Anthony Hamilton said:'It's a shame the crowd is doing this. They should be fair sportsmen.'

The latest British sporting hero's achievement is made all the more remarkable because he has been labelled the 'outsider' and has endured racist chants from Formula One fans this season.

His thrilling victory also buries the ghost of 2007, his debut year, when he led the championship only to fail in the final two races.

Hamilton's boss at McLaren, Ron Dennis, said: 'Who would have thought that Glock would have stayed out on dry tyres?

'It seems like Toyota have made a mistake with the tyres they chose. It's all a bit technical, but there doesn't seem like anything dodgy or untoward.'

Hugging his father after the race, Hamilton said: 'It is pretty impossible to put it into words. I'm so speechless.

'It has been such a long journey with a lot of support back home. I am so thrilled to be able to do this for everyone. I can only thank God. I was trying my hardest to get past. It was one of the toughest races of my life, if not the toughest.'

He said that as he passed the finish line he still did not know if he had won. When he heard the confirmation he said: 'I was ecstatic'.

His father said he too was left speechless by the dramatic finale.

'I really can't find the words,' said Mr Hamilton. 'It's great, absolutely great.'

Hamilton is the first Briton to take the world championship since Damon Hill in 1996.

In the Caribbean, his 77-year-old grandfather Davidson spoke of his 'pride and joy' after watching the race on the TV at his home in Grenada.

'We are all so very proud of Lewis,' he said. 'We always knew that he would be champion one day. He is a wonderful grandson and has made the Hamilton family very happy.'

Gordon Brown said he was 'thrilled' by Hamilton's 'exceptional talent'.

'I, like so many, want to congratulate him on becoming the youngest world champion in Formula One history,' he said. 'The first championship, I think, of many that he's going to win in years to come. I think the whole of Britain are proud of the inspirational Lewis Hamilton and the McLaren team.'

Tory leader David Cameron also offered his congratulations saying that the champion had made the whole country 'so very proud'.

'One of the most dramatic races in Formula One history ended with the right man winning the World Championship,' he said.

#59 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

The Renault F1 Team announced Wednesday that it will field an unchanged line-up next season with Fernando Alonso signing a two-year extension for 2009 and 2010, with Nelson Piquet confirmed for a further season.

"We are happy to confirm both Fernando and Nelson for next season," commented Managing Director Flavio Briatore. "This gives the ING Renault F1 Team one of the most exciting driver pairings with the perfect blend of youth and experience."

"Fernando's commitment for the next two seasons confirms the faith he has in the team and we are delighted to continue working with him. He has been a big asset throughout this difficult season and his leadership and talent, matched with the team's hard work and determination, have paid off with our recent performances, which have placed the ING Renault F1 Team back among the top competitors of Formula 1," Briatore said.

Fernando Alonso commented: "I have decided to stay with the ING Renault F1 team because, as I have often repeated this season, they have always been my first choice and I feel very happy and comfortable with them. It's a very close-knit team with a competitive and winning mentality, and also a relaxed and warm attitude, which suits me perfectly."

"After a difficult start to the season, we have overcome our difficulties and constantly improved our performances," he continued.
"My back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan, and my recent second place podium finish in Brazil, have proved how competitive we can be."

"In the past we have won championships together, as well as going through tough moments, but we are now determined to show that we can repeat that success together in the coming seasons," Alonso stated.

Nelson Piquet added: "Obviously I am delighted to have the opportunity to race for the ING Renault F1 Team for a second year. Although I have had a tough year, I have learned a lot from my rookie season and I will aim to put that experience to good use next season."

"I want to thank the team for their support this year and for the trust they have shown in me for the future. I'm already excited about 2009 and looking forward to working with the team over the winter so that we can start next season strongly," Piquet said.

#60 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

I'm pretty surprised they're keeping Nelson. Granted he's paired with Alonso, but he's obviously massively outclassed.

#61 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

awesome :eek3: go renu

#62 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

I'm pretty surprised they're keeping Nelson. Granted he's paired with Alonso, but he's obviously massively outclassed.

pikett = heikki = wdc alonso
plus its better then teaching another rookie, to get the exact same thing.

#63 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

unless they signed bourdais :eek3:

#64 Dazed1

Dazed1

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

First black WDC, First black president :eek3:

That too today, 5th of november :wtcd:

#65 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

i will say though he has improved over the season along with the car... maybe next year he'll keep improving...

#66 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

FIA to explain stewards' decisions

By Steven English Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 14:41 GMT

The FIA has revealed that it will introduce greater transparency into decisions made by Formula One stewards next season.

In the wake of the controversy that surrounded Lewis Hamilton's penalty at Spa-Francorchamps, it was decided at a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Paris today that decisions will be better explained to the public from now on.

A written explanation of each decision will be published on the FIA's website, rather than just the confirmations of decisions that are made public at present.

The FIA has also pledged to make available any film evidence relevant to stewards' decisions that may not have been seen by the public on both the FIA and FOM websites.

A new replay system will also be introduced to the officiating process with the intention that all incidents are investigated and any action is taken during the race itself, unless it is necessary to seek further evidence after the event.

The FIA also announced that trainee stewards - nominated by their nation's governing body and selected by the FIA - will attend five grands prix next season in an observation role. Any national stewards officiating on a Formula One race for the first time must have observed at least one grand prix in this way to obtain their stewards' super licence. A short CV of all trainee stewards will also be posted on the FIA website.

It has long been argued that at least one former grand prix driver should be among the stewards and the FIA also confirmed that ex-racers are eligible to obtain their national stewarding licence and graduate to the super licence.

The WMSC also rubber-stamped the plan to extend engine life to three races from next year.

more clarity :eek3:

#67 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

i will say though he has improved over the season along with the car... maybe next year he'll keep improving...

you guys all seem to forget that Piquet makes Alonso look like a god behind the wheels of the renu, ofcourse alonso would be pushing for a teammate that can make him look awesome! (aka 100 million hot dogs)

#68 Dazed1

Dazed1

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

more clarity :eek3:

Sweet. More footage from different angles :wtcd:

#69 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

New Schedule

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship
29 March Australia
5 April Malaysia
19 April China
26 April Bahrain
10 May Spain
24 May Monaco
7 June Turkey
21 June Great Britain
12 July Germany
26 July Hungary
23 August Europe (Valencia)
30 August Belgium
13 September Italy
27 September Singapore
4 October Japan
18 October Brazil
1 November Abu Dhabi

#70 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

New Schedule

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship
29 March Australia
5 April Malaysia
19 April China
26 April Bahrain
10 May Spain
24 May Monaco
7 June Turkey
21 June Great Britain
12 July Germany
26 July Hungary
23 August Europe (Valencia)
30 August Belgium
13 September Italy
27 September Singapore
4 October Japan
18 October Brazil
1 November Abu Dhabi

No canada, no care.

#71 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

No canada, no care.

no north america, no care..

actually, thats not true... i'm still a slave to f1. :eek3:

#72 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

you guys all seem to forget that Piquet makes Alonso look like a god behind the wheels of the renu, ofcourse alonso would be pushing for a teammate that can make him look awesome! (aka 100 million hot dogs)

i don't think he needs Piquet to make him look good... 2 back to back wins + a 2nd place in Brazil in the 2008 Renault...

#73 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Formula One officials are in discussions to return the category to North America, according to Honda team principal Nick Fry.

Indianapolis hosted its last US Grand Prix in 2007, and the continent has now slipped off the calendar altogether with the recent demise of the Canadian Grand Prix at Montreal.

But according to the US financial news service Bloomberg, talks are ongoing to reinstate American races by 2010.

"I know that discussions are proceeding at pace on other venues in America and all the teams are extremely hopeful those come to fruition as early as possible," said Fry.

The Briton said North America is a "vital market" for the car manufacturers and many of the sponsors involved in F1.

Fry hinted that one venue has been slated near one of the biggest cities in the United States.

"Going back to Indianapolis is one option," he admitted. "But from a brand point of view, to be on the East coast in New York or somewhere on the West coast would be better."

It has also been said that the reinstatement and future of the Canadian Grand Prix would be helped by pairing it with a race in the United States.

New York...... Watkins Glen? :eek3:

#74 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

i don't think he needs Piquet to make him look good... 2 back to back wins + a 2nd place in Brazil in the 2008 Renault...

i think you have to categorize the R28 renault as two classes.. pre and post hungary renaults. they were pretty much both completely worthless before hungary, but after that the R28 (and STR) was quite a bit more competitive than the other mid pack guys (RBR, Toyota) and even BMW towards the end.

piquet actually did not too terrible when the renault stopped sucking so bad, plus he did aid in bringing out the SC for alonso's first win of the season.

#75 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

New York...... Watkins Glen? :wtcd:

Oh that'd be :eek3:!!

What other tracks on the East Coast would gain a lot of attention? I can only think of Road America, VIR, or Daytona. Why not Laguna Seca like MotoGP? :hs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users