#1 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

Bitches better recognize, thread snypa~

Some young driver tests then no real testing until February :bowdown: and only 8 days of testing between the two drivers, so 4 each.

damn you FIA

Kobayashi for WDC or if he decides to take it easy the Fonz might take it

#2 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

I guess we should use this for new driver signings and stuff too:

Gonna update this post as more confirmed.

Mercedes

Bearded One (90%?)

Rosberg

Red Bull
Vettel
Webber

Mclaren

Hamilton
Button

Ferrari
Alonso
Massa

Toyota
MORE LIKE NOT RACING LOLROFL

QuarterPounder Sauber - Might actually race
it is a mystery

Williams
Bubens
Hulkenberg

Renault
Kubica
anybody's guess at this point

Force India
Sutil
Liuzzi

Toro Rosso
Count Chocula
Hymen Alguersuari

Campos
Senna
De la Rosa maybe?

Virgin GP
Glock
Di Grassi (speculation%)

Lotus
Trulli
Kova

USF1
Two drivers who arent actually American at all, Wurz has been mentioned.

#3 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Kobayashi set for 2010 Toyota drive

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, November 1st 2009, 17:16 GMT

Kamui KobayashiKamui Kobayashi is now set to race for Toyota in Formula 1 next year, after team president John Howett said he had been impressed with the youngster in his two outings for the team.

Kobayashi delivered his first F1 points with a strong run to sixth place in Abu Dhabi - helped in part by a brave overtaking move past world champion Jenson Button.

And with Toyota looking for new drivers for next year, Howett said it was likely that Kobayashi would take one of the team's seats in 2010.

"It looks like it," explained Howett. "We will have to give really serious consideration, as he has really shown very good strong results.

"I am very impressed. We were very happy again. What we like is his real fighting spirit. He is not intimidated by anybody. It's very positive."

Howett said that Kobayashi's performances had erased all doubts about his potential – after a difficult season he endured in GP2 this year.

"I think that is why there was some hesitation. We always understood that he was very good in terms of racing spirit. That has been there all through his career, but because partly the GP2 pace did not look competitive, you were always hesitant against the risk.

"It is a lesson definitely that sometimes we should all be braver in our driver choices and not go for the safer risk-hedged decision."

And although experienced drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Adrian Sutil have been linked with Toyota, Howett also suggested that Kobayashi's performances could also prompt the team to take two youngsters.

"I think that is something we are currently discussing. There are some [current] drivers that are not fixed who you would consider, but if they looked not likely then we would prefer to take a brave new direction."

Toyota is likely to firm up its driver line-up after a Japanese board meeting on November 15, where the team's operating budget for 2010 will be signed off.

#4 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

:bowdown: to see kobayashi get confirmed.

#5 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

:bowdown: to see kobayashi get confirmed.

:bigthumb:

They need to sign Sato too!!!

#6 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

hold the bus

what if Toyota signs Kobayashi and the Bearded one? I will genuinely support them

oh god :bowdown:

#7 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

hold the bus

what if Toyota signs Kobayashi and the Bearded one? I will genuinely support them

oh god :wtc:

ill send you your first hairs :bowdown:

#8 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

after Koby's drive in Brazil and Abu Dhabi... he definitely deserved a ride...

#9 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

No more Bridgestone tyres after 2010.

Return of Michellin or maybe Dunlops or Goodyear?

#10 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

wait, what?

I want a tyre war! single supplier is lame

bring back Michellin though, maybe renot can win a race again then :bowdown:

#11 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

wait, what?

I want a tyre war! single supplier is lame

bring back Michellin though, maybe renot can win a race again then :bowdown:

:wtc:

#12 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

Wat? Is this due to be announced?

#13 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

Well, now that the season is over and Kimi is no longer there it's time to replace my Failrrari av's...

#14 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

http://bridgestone.c...2009110201.html

news sites don't seem to have picked this up yet?

Confirmation hat BS is leaving, good riddance

#15 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

michelins back in for 2011...
also in breaking news, indy back on the f1 schedule in 2011 :bowdown:

#16 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:09 AM

I wonder if they would do it under BF Goodrich like they did in the WRC....before the FIA again forced them out in favour of shitty Pirellis

#17 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

Well, now that the season is over and Kimi is no longer there it's time to replace my Failrrari av's...

Just change it to an animation of a fiat rolling.

#18 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:40 AM

I wonder if they would do it under BF Goodrich like they did in the WRC....before the FIA again forced them out in favour of shitty Pirellis

Yeah, I bet we see a new tire manufacturer in F1. Michelin is probably still a little peeved.

#19 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

Wat? Is this due to be announced?

Statement from Hiroshi Yasukawa, Director of Bridgestone Motorsport:

"It is with deep regret that Bridgestone Motorsport confirms that at 10.00am (Japan standard time) today, the Bridgestone Corporation announced its decision to not enter into a new tyre supply contract with the FIA Formula One World Championship series. The current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2010 season. The decision made by the Board of Directors of Bridgestone comes after considerable and lengthy evaluations and has been based on the company’s need to redirect its resources towards the further intensive development of innovative technologies and strategic products.

While we understand and respect the reasons for this decision, it has nevertheless come as a great disappointment. Bridgestone’s relationship with the FIA Formula One World Championship stretches beyond being a tyre supplier. Formula One has been of strategic importance to Bridgestone in developing its technologies, raising the company’s brand awareness and providing its strategic business units around the globe with promotional and marketing tools that are intrinsically linked to our company’s core products. It was a great honour for Bridgestone to be awarded the 2008-2010 contract as Official Tyre Supplier by the Fédération International de L’Automobile (FIA) to the pinnacle of single-seater racing and we would like to thank them for their continued support and for entrusting us with this privileged role which has seen us working at the heart of the Formula One community.

Our sincere appreciation is also extended to Mr Bernie Ecclestone and Formula One Management, the Formula One teams with whom it has been an honour to have worked alongside, and the many Formula One fans who have followed our activities over the past 13 years. I would also like to thank the staff of the Bridgestone Motorsport team for their professionalism, dedication and hard work, and for their passion for excellence. It remains only to reiterate that Bridgestone continues to be wholly committed to the provision of safe tyres of the highest quality to the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2010 and to the running of its tyre servicing operation at the highest level."

#20 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

word on the street is di grassi might turn up at manor

#21 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Looks like Red Bull after all the noise are set to remain with Renault engines. Smart choice really considering by far the best fuel economy. Although if I read right the engines will be adjusted not only in power but also fuel consumption over the winter, so Ferrari shouldnt be at a huge disadvantage.

#22 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

http://www.williamsf.../news/view/1182

Bubens and the Hulk confirmed

#23 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

Looks like Red Bull after all the noise are set to remain with Renault engines. Smart choice really considering by far the best fuel economy. Although if I read right the engines will be adjusted not only in power but also fuel consumption over the winter, so Ferrari shouldnt be at a huge disadvantage.

I kinda agree with McLaren on being bitches about not letting everyone else have a go at the Mercedes engine. I personally would like to see more car manufacturers provide engines in F1, coz I just like to see a variety of names in the big show. I don't like the fact they've tried to cap the engines, but it make a lot of economical sense to do so.

With them banning refulling next yr, I think it's actually time for the FIA to open up engine development but specify the size (volume) of the fuel tank and make it a challenge, like they did when engine life had to increase. Which means teams will have to strive to be more fuel efficient and if they can do that whilst producing more power, then good for them.

#24 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

well, when you get beat by Force India and its non indian drivers, you would tend to get bitter, also to add, when you get beat by Brawn's Big Brain....
So, to recap: Let's all be buddy buddies in this competitive sport world..........oh wait, we just got beat because we were nice. Wanna do it again next year?

I agree with the engine redo-makeover, BUT it is the FIA after all.......and even though Mad Max is "gone", still never know when the rules of F1 will change once a year again.

#25 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

I kinda agree with McLaren on being bitches about not letting everyone else have a go at the Mercedes engine.\

why? because they got beat a by a team with less money/resources running the same engine?
that would tell me to step it up a notch, not to take my toys and go home and complain to mommy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users