I guess they wouldn't have gotten the contract then. :wtc:

#3477 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

It's about maximizing both though...and I don't want to make racing so easy where it becomes a NASCAR pass-fest.

I want the maximum technology coming thru from creative engineers paired with the best drivers in the world going flat out. With out that competition on both fronts, it becomes lesser in my mind. It's no different to watching any other formula series at that point...:werd:

I still think the best way to do this is to open the technology and impose a budget cap. I don't know how hard that would be (some here say it would be damn near impossible) but open up all the technology caps w/ a budget cap and I'd love to see some creative engines running against each other, where they have to balance reliability, speed, aerodynamics under one bill...

Factory teams, especially Ferrari due to how closely tied they are, could hide their budgets in their road car budgets. Places like Williams, RBR, etc. can't do that so much.

#3478 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

I'm not a complete ass (I hope) when I say F1 is the pinnacle of motor sports because it requires the best of everything. Drivers, technology, engineers, fans, everything. If you take away any one aspect of that, then you're taking away from what makes the sport so elite, exciting, glamorous and technologically advanced.

Cost cutting is a must for the sport to survive, I totally get that. but F1 is just as much about developing NEW motor vehicle technology, as it is a racing series. To take away such an important factor of development like engine is like sacrilegious. I was already upset at the engine freeze, but now a standardized engine.....

They must be able to find other ways to cut cost as opposed to just making shit standardized. With all that brain power packed up and down the pitlane, you can't possibly tell me that the most effect idea to cut cost can only come form a nazi orgy loving bigot.

#3479 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

I'm not a complete ass (I hope) when I say F1 is the pinnacle of motor sports because it requires the best of everything. Drivers, technology, engineers, fans, everything. If you take away any one aspect of that, then you're taking away from what makes the sport so elite, exciting, glamorous and technologically advanced.

Cost cutting is a must for the sport to survive, I totally get that. but F1 is just as much about developing NEW motor vehicle technology, as it is a racing series. To take away such an important factor of development like engine is like sacrilegious. I was already upset at the engine freeze, but now a standardized engine.....

They must be able to find other ways to cut cost as opposed to just making shit standardized. With all that brain power packed up and down the pitlane, you can't possibly tell me that the most effect idea to cut cost can only come form a nazi orgy loving bigot.

DAWT. I totally agree with these sentiments...

#3480 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

Ferrari :werd:

#3481 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

if ferrari pulls out, f1 is done

#3482 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

in other news, Jesus wants to be a rockstar, and Felipe used to be a pizzaboy

http://planet-f1.com...4409285,00.html

http://www.autosport...ne.php/id/71794

#3483 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

so did Daniel Morales in Taxi :werd:

#3484 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

It has been awhile since Ferrari has aligned themselves with the teams...It's nice having the heavy weight of the sport on the side of the teams rather than the FIA.

#3485 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

The FIA has played down the significance of Ferrari's threat to quit Formula One if a standard engine is introduced - claiming that the onus is on the teams, not the governing body, to come up with better cost-cutting regulations.

Ferrari's Board published a statement on Monday night saying that the Italian team would consider their future in F1 if the FIA pressed ahead with the introduction of standard power plants from 2010.

Although that move, coming just hours after Toyota reiterated their threat to withdraw over the matter, has moved the standard engine to the centre of the debate over future rules changes - the FIA says the teams have already been offered clear alternatives.

This was laid out to the teams in a letter from FIA president Max Mosley last month stating that there were three options for teams with regards to future engine regulations - a standard engine, an engine from a single supplier or the supply of customer power units to independent teams for less than 5 million Euros per season.

The FIA issued its response to Ferrari's stance on Tuesday, suggesting that it was not its responsibility to back down simply because teams were unhappy about action that could be taken to shore up the sport's future.

The FIA statement said: "The FIA has noted the press statement issued by the Ferrari Board of Directors.

"It seems the Ferrari Board were misinformed. The FIA has offered the teams three options, one of which is the so-called standard engine, and another that the manufacturers should jointly guarantee to supply power trains to the independent teams for less than €5m per season.

"The FIA is delighted by Ferrari's financial success and hopes this will be maintained. However a number of teams find themselves facing costs which greatly exceed income. This is not sustainable.

"It is now for the manufacturers to agree one of the three FIA options or themselves produce concrete proposals to reduce costs to a sustainable level."

Although clearly hoping that the teams can come up with a proposal that satisfies it, the FIA has made it clear that it will take whatever action is necessary to ensure the survival of the all teams – even if it means a standard engine.

Referring to the consequences of the teams not agreeing on one of the two alternative options, the FIA said: "If neither happens. The FIA will take whatever measures prove necessary to preserve a credible world championship for both drivers and constructors."

Discussions between the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) and FIA president Max Mosley in Geneva last week resulted in plans for a customer power plant deal being discussed – although at a cost of 10 million Euros per season.

FIA trying to call a "bluff" ?

#3486 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:03 AM

At least she won't be pregnant

Posted Image

#3487 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

Posted Image

:D

#3488 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:29 AM

Posted Image

:eek3:
:x:
:rofl:
:rofl:

not necessarily, he could have premature ejaculated before pulling out....

just like they did to Massa in Singapore

#3489 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

Ferrari :D

:eek3: * 2

#3490 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

Posted Image

#3491 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

The hamilton story is a joke right? Are his PR people specifically trying to make me hate him more?

I bet he comes out supporting McCain sometime in the next week :D

(no offense yonson, you're cool :eek3:)

#3492 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:10 AM

The hamilton story is a joke right? Are his PR people specifically trying to make me hate him more?

I bet he comes out supporting McCain sometime in the next week :D

(no offense yonson, you're cool :eek3: )

None taken, I'm not a McCain supporter, I am a Palin supporter...
Before she was on the ticket I wasn't even going to vote...

#3493 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Ferrari will still have the gonnersyphaherpaids from Max and Bernie. :D

#3494 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

I bet he comes out supporting McCain sometime in the next week :madfawk:

(no offense yonson, you're cool :hug: )

JV can give him some tips.

On what not to do. :mamoru:

#3495 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

A duet!

only in my wildest dreams!

#3496 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

:mamoru: at these comments!!

that is so mega gay of hamilton to say... if anything, why the distraction? why NOW of all times?? save that bullshit media stuff for the winter... go fucking win yourself a championchip!

no, actually... Forza Ferrari... :madfawk:

#3497 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

F1.com did an article on DC's career. Pretty impressive, really.

http://formula1.com/...08/10/8602.html

#3498 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

F1.com did an article on DC's career. Pretty impressive, really.

http://formula1.com/...08/10/8602.html

pretty cool... i dont ever go to F1.com, i should...

#3499 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

f1.com before it was bought out by FOM was so much better IMO. it was the best f1 news site out there hands down.

#3500 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

I went for the videos. :madfawk:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users