Both Marussia cars finished ahead of Massa :mamoru:

#52 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Aweeeeeeesome race! Go Button! Really didn't expect to see him pull away from the pack like that at all...he made Lewis look like what Vettel did to Webber last year.

WTF opening intro by Speed? :rofl: El Wolfo? Bionic Button? Iceman Commeth? Superhero Vettel? Fucking corniest shit ever...I hate Speed so much :o

Edit: Oh, and fuck that step nose bullshit. McLaren proving that pretty can still work :bowdown:

#53 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

6 out of the last 8 years, the winner of the first race won the drivers championship

Posted Image

#54 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Well McLaren has a good looking car and is fast. So they've at least passed that test.

Ferrari fail
Red bulled did what they had to do
Williams. Dunno. Pastor was running well giving Alonso a run for his money. Shame senna got into it at the first turn.
Kimi going from 17th to 7th. Not bad. Qualifying reall hurt his chances at being on the sharp end.
Massa :rofl:
STR and Sauber were my surprises for this race.

#55 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Pastor was the surprise for me...that William had no place being that far up the grid, honestly...Kimi might be fast, but he needs to strengthen his mental game further I think. This isn't the same championship as before. He sounded ruffled on the radio and his quali performance was sub-par. But he has been out of the car so there is promise moving that far up. Having said that, Perez did a better job moving from 22nd all the way to 6th before Pastor's wreck hurt his order.

I didn't know who to cheer for when Kimi & Kobi were fighting it :rofl:

#56 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yay button. Anyone else chuckle when they showed scherzinger in the pit? Get fired from xfactor? It's ok, leaves more time for ruining your ex-bf's career. Would have been a boring 15 laps at the end if not for maldonado being maldonado.

#57 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Maldonado was impressive, for 56 laps :o

#58 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

it looks like williams built a good car... now if they had some decent drivers.

how long into the season do you think it will be before Perez is in a Ferrari seat??

#59 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

They should bring Fisi in, Fred's good luck charm.

#60 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

I didn't notice but I guess Kovi is running an Angry Birds helmet :rofl:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#61 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

I really think Fisi could be doing better than Massa right now... I wish Kimi had gone to Williams instead, but you never know, maybe Lotus can take the fight to Ferrari and Mercedes?

#62 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

I really think Fisi could be doing better than Massa right now... I wish Kimi had gone to Williams instead, but you never know, maybe Lotus can take the fight to Ferrari and Mercedes?

I'm going to disagree with you. Fisi went from getting 2nd place at Spa in the Force India to being on the back of the grid in the Ferrari when he took over for Massa/Luca. At the time, Massa was also beating Kimi. When he got hit in the head, that's when Kimi decided to wake up...but honestly, I think the Ferrari's have been probably terrible to drive as of late, but Alonso being a world class driver, has been flattering the Ferrari. Massa, is probably driving it better than he should be, but is no match for Alonso. That being said, I gotta give credit to Massa b/c I think if it was anyone else other than the top 5 "aliens" in F1, the Ferrari would be much further back.

#63 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Perez will be in that seat by the end of the year if Massa can't do better.

Fucking Kubica, should be in that seat. :/

#64 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

They may want to eaet into the perez transition and may not throw him into a drive 8 races into the season...there's a lot of Slim pesos at stake.

#65 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image

I remember pics like that from last year :( make good car plz ferrari

#66 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Massa is dissapointing massively at the moment.

#67 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image
:rofl:

Hey Shi, my tag buttons are missing...does this have to do with the server?

#68 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

#69 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

:rofl: Awesome.

#70 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

#71 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ferrari is just pathetic.

#72 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm going to disagree with you. Fisi went from getting 2nd place at Spa in the Force India to being on the back of the grid in the Ferrari when he took over for Massa/Luca. At the time, Massa was also beating Kimi. When he got hit in the head, that's when Kimi decided to wake up...but honestly, I think the Ferrari's have been probably terrible to drive as of late, but Alonso being a world class driver, has been flattering the Ferrari. Massa, is probably driving it better than he should be, but is no match for Alonso. That being said, I gotta give credit to Massa b/c I think if it was anyone else other than the top 5 "aliens" in F1, the Ferrari would be much further back.

I really don't believe that the Ferrari's are so bad it take a god to put it into their current form as Alonso has. I really don't believe that Alonso was THAT MUCH better than Massa, but I think Massa is now at his worst form, like Jenson was when he was with Honda.

Remember Jenson when he first came on the scene, had lots of potential, then he went to Renault showed even more potential, then Bar, even better. But when Honda bought out the team and they switch to the earth cars, Jenson's talents died with those 2 cars. He was doomed had it not been for the Brawnda (Brawn-Honda) car. And when he switch to Macca, he was finally able to shine again because he consistently had a car that was competitive.

Massa needs a good car to bring him back up to his heights again. I guarantee if he switched to a win capable car, then he can have a revival. Questions is, who is willing to give him that chance? The only places where he can rebuild his career are not available to him, so yeah he is done in F1 unless he wants to do a Rubens.

#73 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

Remember Jenson when he first came on the scene, had lots of potential, then he went to Renault showed even more potential, then Bar, even better. But when Honda bought out the team and they switch to the earth cars, Jenson's talents died with those 2 cars. He was doomed had it not been for the Brawnda (Brawn-Honda) car. And when he switch to Macca, he was finally able to shine again because he consistently had a car that was competitive.

The Earth Hondas were some of the worst cars on the grid, you can't blame Jenson for their faults. I mean, the 06 Honda cars as Super Aguris were beating the 07 Honda Earth cars... a year old design shouldn't take it to the factory works' new ride. That thing was hugely flawed from the outset, and it never got fixed. Hence the total season off in '08 and the '09 car's dominance.

#74 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

The Earth Hondas were some of the worst cars on the grid, you can't blame Jenson for their faults. I mean, the 06 Honda cars as Super Aguris were beating the 07 Honda Earth cars... a year old design shouldn't take it to the factory works' new ride. That thing was hugely flawed from the outset, and it never got fixed. Hence the total season off in '08 and the '09 car's dominance.

No no, def not blaming Jenson for the cars failures. Am saying that the car killed Jenson's skills somewhat, and even driver like him could not get that car to go anywhere. It def killed his motivation, and his eagerness to come to work everyday. I forget where I read this, but he was considering retiring after those two shitty earth cars coz of how bad things were and Ross Brawn talked him into 1 more season which was what turned his whole career around. And I think a true mark of a champion, they need a full package of more than just raw skill, they need a bit of luck, absolute determination and a lot of the intangibles. Jenson is showing he's got it all.

The Jenson we saw last weekend in Oz, is prob the best Jenson we have seen in his whole career. The guy is motivated like never before, he's on top of his craft, he's fitter than most people in the field (and that's saying a lot comparing him to all F1 drivers), he's having the best time of his life, and he could not be happier except if he won another championship.

But the point I was making, is that if Massa was given a Brawnesque car this season it could turn him around into a top flight driver like he has shown in the past. However since he is not gonna get that, his career as a top level F1 driver is prob more than likely over. And given all the bad air surrounding him, Fisi could prob come in, with less pressure and do a better job. I think is their best days, Massa in better than Fisi, but it would be interesting to compare the Massa now to the Jenson in those earth car years.

#75 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Just about any of the drivers currently in F1 can be 'top' drivers in a top car though, a team needs somebody who can still do well when things aren't perfect. I've never rated Massa or any driver who is refered to as great 'on his day' some drivers you expect to always excel. He had a good second half of 2008 (don't forget he retired from the first two races because of his own errors) and his start in 2009 was actually quite good I think he was beating Kimi in points and consistency. Since his comeback though he's been pretty dire aside from a couple of races in 2010. Seriously he didn't even score a podium last year and Alonso got..9 I think and a win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users