Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

Can anyone stop the Merc this year?  :hsughno:

#2 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:11 PM

I sure hope so, but it's not looking good...

I'm thinking if it's anyone it'll be RedBull this year.  Ferrari is probably going to be fighting with tRacing Point for 3rd... 

Hopefully Williams is moving up to mid pack this year, although it's looking like Alfa and Haas might be back markers :( 

Guess we'll find out in a few days!

#3 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

McLaren withdraws from Australian GP: https://www.gtplanet...aren-withdraws/

#4 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:25 PM

Was reading that earlier.  I understand their reasoning, but selfishly why couldn't this have happened a week later... 

I imagine the event will be cancelled since the FOM said that they would cancel if 1 team couldn't compete.  

#5 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:24 PM

Was reading that earlier.  I understand their reasoning, but selfishly why couldn't this have happened a week later... 

I imagine the event will be cancelled since the FOM said that they would cancel if 1 team couldn't compete.  

No confirmation yet:  https://www.bbc.com/...rmula1/51849163

#6 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:30 AM

Can anyone stop the Merc this year?  :hsughno:

Apparently the answer was COVID-19 :hs:

#7 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:07 AM

< insert Dave Chappell > Yall got any more of that racing?

Melbourne canceled : https://www.crash.ne...onavirus-crisis

MotoGP who knows when itll start

#8 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:13 PM

Apparently the answer was COVID-19 :hs:

:rofl:

#9 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

Sooo.... all races up until basically end of June are canceled or postponed. Are we really going to have a racing season this year? MotoGP, WEC, Indy, Nascar, everything is schedule-less at this point :eek3:

#10 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, I personally doubt there will be any racing this year outside virtual :(

#11 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I personally doubt there will be any racing this year outside virtual -(

The first virtual GP was a bit of a joke but the last one was actually not too bad.  Wish Landon Norris could figure out how to use a computer so he could race.  Would be super cool if more drivers would step up and join the event or if the manufacturers could somehow be incentivized to send their drivers virtually to the event.

#12 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:48 AM

Thought this was a pretty good article.  It focuses on MotoGP but it can easily translate into any international sport and the logistics and challenges hopping country to country. 

https://motomatters....cing_again.html

For the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team to get to the first MotoGP race which has not been canceled, at the Sachsenring in Germany, they need to drive trucks from Gerno di Lesmo, near Milan in Italy, through either Switzerland or Austria and up through Germany to Hohenstein-Ernstthal, where the Sachsenring is.

There is a mixture of nationalities among the drivers of those trucks, making just getting to the trucks a complicated affair. One driver, for example, is a Dutchman living in Norway. His journey would involve flying from central Norway to Milan, then driving up from Milan to the Sachsenring. On his return to Norway, he would face a 14-day quarantine before being allowed to go home.

Freight is permitted to enter Germany, but there would be arguments over whether the contents of a race truck constitute freight or not, or the driver be allowed to enter.

#13 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:25 PM

RIP Sterling Moss.

#14 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

People losing sponsorships and contracts due to E-Sports :rofl:

Are they forgetting people are still watching how they behave and what they say? :ugh:

#15 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:25 PM

RIP Sterling :wtc:

I don't condone what he said, but the fact that our society has become so sensitized that a person saying a word (that I've worked with guys that say it every other word to each other and it's 100% fine) in the heat of the moment can cost them their job and lively hood, yet on the other hand people can wish death upon the president or someone that doesn't have the same political view as them and it's totally ignored is beyond fucked up in my book...   

#16 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:17 PM

I don't condone what he said, but the fact that our society has become so sensitized that a person saying a word (that I've worked with guys that say it every other word to each other and it's 100% fine) in the heat of the moment can cost them their job and lively hood, yet on the other hand people can wish death upon the president or someone that doesn't have the same political view as them and it's totally ignored is beyond fucked up in my book...   

I'm not going to condone the sensitivity police stuff here but OTOH people that are in a position of power, influence or authority SHOULD be held to a higher standard that the rest of us.  If they don't want to hold up that responsibility they shouldn't stand in the limelight.

That being said, the kid did apologize and acknowledged that he should have done better and will either return having learned his lesson, or will go full Santino Ferrucci.

#17 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

I work on a lot of different construction sites, and the stuff I hear there would make every HR department in the world cringe... but they get away with it because "its construction, that's how the speak, that's the culture". That said, I don't agree with it, and if you're a public figure, a representative and front facing figure of your company, you really should know better.

Also, the fact that you describe it as "a word" is exactly the problem... you know it's wrong.

#18 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:46 PM

I work on a lot of different construction sites, and the stuff I hear there would make every HR department in the world cringe... but they get away with it because "its construction, that's how the speak, that's the culture". That said, I don't agree with it, and if you're a public figure, a representative and front facing figure of your company, you really should know better.

Also, the fact that you describe it as "a word" is exactly the problem... you know it's wrong.

I totally agree it's wrong and don't use it (or anything else pertaining to race), I prefer using good ole expletives :)  

#19 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:24 PM

That word simply carries so much baggage. It is inseparably invocative of generations of slavery, lynching, Jim Crow, red lining, etc. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with the vast majority of Americans finding the word wholly unacceptable, and backing that opinion up with the power of their wallets. 

I also don't think it's wrong Chip Ganassi Racing to drop him. Like all companies, their sole motivation is profit.  Having a high profile employee drop n-bombs is a clear threat to that objective.

Kyle fucked up. He may not be a hateful cross-burning racist, but he still fucked up. The consequences are on him, not society.

#20 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

I agree, I wish it wouldn't be used at all ever by anyone, but it's a HUGE double standard.  It gets thrown around in music, movies and on the street all the time and no one bats an eye.  

#21 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

People losing sponsorships and contracts due to E-Sports :rofl:

Are they forgetting people are still watching how they behave and what they say? :ugh:

Seems like Bubba Wallace and Kyle Larson didn't realize that with real racing on hold, virtual racing was all they were getting sponsored for at the moment. 

#22 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:16 AM

Is anyone else enjoying the virtual GPs? One of these days Lando will figure out how to connect to the race :rofl:

#23 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

At least something is happening?

https://www.motorspo...-shock/4791095/

#24 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:11 AM

I wanna see Alonso back, for all the drama that he would bring :eek3:

#25 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:15 PM

I hope Danny Ric gets it... But I don't know if Ferrari want's to deal with 2 guys wanting to be #1...  So it'll probably be someone like Sainz or maybe a long shot and they bring up Mic... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users