Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

lying to the stewards :rofl:

Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place finish in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix after the world champion and his team were judged to have provided 'misleading' evidence during a post-race stewards' hearing.

The British driver had finished fourth on the road, but was moved up a position when original third place finisher Jarno Trulli was handed a 25-second penalty for having overtaken Hamilton behind the safety car.

However, following the discovery of new evidence, believed to be radio transmissions from the Toyota and McLaren teams, the race stewards convened a fresh hearing in Malaysia this afternoon to discuss the matter.

It is believed the radio transmissions contradicted the original statements presented to the stewards by Hamilton and McLaren.

A statement issued by the stewards said: "The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

Further to the Hamilton decision, the race stewards have scrapped the penalty against Trulli and he has now been awarded third place for the Australian Grand Prix.

#2 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

0wned :rofl:

#3 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

in for stewards revoking Vettels 10-place penalty

#4 tefnut

tefnut

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

:rofl: i don't know whether to pissed at all the FIA for constantly shuffling the results, or to be happy that at least they're trying to find out WTF happened

LOL @ McLaren though, I used to respect them a lot more a few years back

#5 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

:rofl: i don't know whether to pissed at all the FIA for constantly shuffling the results, or to be happy that at least they're trying to find out WTF happened

LOL @ McLaren though, I used to respect them a lot more a few years back

I wonder how this effects the pff1 scores? :rofl:

#6 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

As predicted by mwa - Trulligate '09 and Hamilton being impeached president. Bow before me - for I am your king

#7 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

also :rofl: to this

#8 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

Missing Dear Ron "Integrity" Dennis already?

#9 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

:bowrofl:

fucking hate that little cheating cunt. fuck him
Posted Image

#10 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

The full decision by the FIA stewards

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 12:50 GMT

At the first hearing following the Australian Grand Prix the Stewards did not have the benefit of the radio exchanges between driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and his Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes nor did they have access to the comments to the Media given by Lewis Hamilton immediately after the end of the race.

From the video recordings available to the Stewards during the hearing it appeared that Jarno Trulli's car left the track and car No 1 moved into third place. It then appeared that Trulli overtook Hamilton to regain third place, which at the time was prohibited as it was during the Safety Car period.

During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake.

Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so.

The new elements presented to the Stewards several days after the 2009 Australian Grand Prix which led to the reconvened Stewards Meeting clearly show that:

a. Immediately after the race and before Lewis Hamilton attended the Stewards Meeting he gave an interview to the Media where he clearly stated that the Team had told him to let Trulli pass.

b. Furthermore, the radio exchanges between the driver and the Team contain two explicit orders from the Team to let the Toyota pass.

The Stewards, having learned about the radio exchanges and the Media interview, felt strongly that they had been misled by the driver and his Team Manager which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place.

#11 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

the FIA released that after Whitmarsh tried to claim McLaren did not lie :bowrofl:

Whitmarsh says McLaren did not lie

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 11:28 GMT

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh is adamant that his team and Lewis Hamilton did not 'lie' to race stewards about their safety car incident with Jarno Trulli at the Australian Grand Prix - despite being punished for providing ‘deliberately misleading' information.

With Hamilton being stripped on Thursday of his third-placed finish in Melbourne for he and the team failing to provide a full account of what happened in the closing stages of the Australian Grand Prix, Whitmarsh says there should be no questions about his team's honesty.

"There was no lie in that hearing," said Whitmarsh, who claims the team's error at the hearing was in not providing full information about a radio conversation with Hamilton instructing him to let Trulli overtake him.

"We, the team, made a mistake. We did not provide a full account of a radio conversation which we believe was being listened to in any case, and we don't believe was material to the decisions being made by the stewards."

Whitmarsh confirmed comments made by Hamilton in the immediate aftermath of the race that the team instructed its driver to let Trulli pass him.

Explaining exactly what happened after Hamilton overtook Trulli, when the Toyota driver ran off the track at the final corner, Whitmarsh said McLaren had been trying to play it safe.

"As we see it, what happened here is that during the closing stages of the Australian Grand Prix, under difficult conditions, there was a safety car incident whereby Jarno Trulli fell off the circuit and Lewis [Hamilton] could legitimately pass Trulli. I don't think that is in question," he explained.

"Once that had happened, of course, the team could not see it. Lewis informed the team that he had passed Trulli – and there was understandably concern within the team that he had passed Trulli under a safety car.

"At that time, we did not know that Trulli was right off the circuit and Lewis was asked to give back the place to Trulli. That was a team view, having not seen it, and we thought it was the safest thing to do.

"Once that instruction was given to Lewis, he did not agree. He said: ‘Look, the guy was off the circuit, I didn't need to do this.' A discussion was occurring and before that discussion was finished, Trulli had re-passed. If we look at the speed traces at that time, and compare it to other periods behind the safety car, then Lewis did not do anything abnormal. And I think it is also quite clear that Trulli should not have re-passed.

"As soon as that happened, we then spoke to Race Control, to explain that and ask if we could retake that place. At the time, understandably Race Control was busy and they were not able to give us an answer. We asked several times, but clearly they were very busy. So we had to then deal with it. We felt it would be resolved by the stewards after the race.

"At the stewards' meeting, we mistakenly believed that the stewards were aware, Charlie [Whiting] was there, and the FIA was there, of that radio conversation. The stewards now believe that we were not explicit enough about that radio conversation, and felt therefore that that was prejudicial to the decision that they reached. Obviously we regret that, and that was a mistake by the team, but we have got to accept the decision that has now been made."

McLaren has decided not to appeal the stewards' decision, which promoted Trulli to the third place that Hamilton originally had in Australia.

Whitmarsh added: "I think it is a regrettable day, and the fact is, the belief is, that we were not explicit. But I don't believe that that information would have made any difference to the decisions and the deliberations at the time.

"It certainly was not a deliberate attempt. It is quite clear that the radio conversations are listened to by the FIA, they are open, and the FIA was present during that hearing. So in the opinion of the team representative, there was a belief that it was known and there had been a conversation with the FIA."

Hamilton was unavailable for comment, having left the track shortly after the FIA decision was made.

The FIA said Hamilton and McLaren could face further sanctions for the breach of article 151C.

#12 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

all that because 1 extra point... should've just settled for 4th and just been honest from the get go...

#13 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

Transcript of the radio transmission between Lewis Hamilton and McLaren during the Australian Grand Prix:

Team: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner, ..., is this OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: I don't have to let him past I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.

Team: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4. If you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrot 2.

LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not.

Team: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

Team: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

so the team never said to let him by huh :bowrofl:

#14 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

#15 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image

#16 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

wow i thought for sure this was another April Fool's post lol

#17 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

Anyone still on the LH bandwagon now? I was hanging on...sorta. Hard to now unless I wanna get lynched :bowrofl:

#18 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

:bowrofl: yeah, pretty damn funny... but why lie? they didnt do anything wrong in the first place! if they would have just said what happened, he would probably have been just fine.

#19 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Anyone still on the LH bandwagon now? I was hanging on...sorta. Hard to now unless I wanna get lynched :bowrofl:

I was never on it, the ONLY thing he has going for him in my book is he's in a McLaren, if he were on any other team I wouldn't give 2 shits for him...

#20 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

That was dumb.

I may be grasping at straws here, but perhaps he told the stewards a corroborating story with what his bosses were coming up with.

The fact he told the media the truth right after is really confusing.

#21 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

never on board... I'm still Kimi crew with Vettel as my underdog driver

#22 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

That was dumb.
I may be grasping at straws here, but perhaps he told the stewards a corroborating story with what his bosses were coming up with.
The fact he told the media the truth right after is really confusing.

that's what i'm thinking, he told the media what happened before being debriefed...
if he just stayed consistant with the story, he probably would've stayed in 4th and got the points, but now he lost it all...

so no points for McLaren or Ferrari at all and a "brand new" team has 18 constructor points after round 1... no shit.

#23 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

never on board... I'm still Kimi crew with Vettel as my underdog driver

I really think Heikki will do good as well, but he needs to start making some stuff happen...

#24 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

that's what i'm thinking, he told the media what happened before being debriefed...
if he just stayed consistant with the story, he probably would've stayed in 4th and got the points, but now he lost it all...

so no points for McLaren or Ferrari at all and a "brand new" team has 18 constructor points after round 1... no shit.

i don't expect this will happen in a million years, but if the diffuser 3 get DSQ then fernando gets the win, followed by a double podium for STR (2nd place for buemi's first race) with adrian, nick, fisi, webbo and seb vet getting points.

STR would be leading the WCC, followed by renault and force india :bowrofl:

#25 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

i don't expect this will happen in a million years, but if the diffuser 3 get DSQ then fernando gets the win, followed by a double podium for STR (2nd place for buemi's first race) with adrian, nick, fisi, webbo and seb vet getting points.

STR would be leading the WCC, followed by renault and force india :bowrofl:

:rofl:

Don't jinx it -- the FIA has done some crazy shit before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users