Don't think Sepp had a choice

#102 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Good job Nico on winning the 24 Hour. Wonder if he'll think of jumping ship once his contract is up since he's not in a top team.
Fuck you Fox Sports for jumping to the end of the MotoGP race right before the 24 hour podium ceremony, during 24 Hour coverage. What the fuck.

#103 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

Great job by Nico and good to see two Kiwis on the podium.

Hopefully more active F1 drivers follow next year.

#104 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:22 PM

Yeah - For the first time I think I have an equal parts fascination with WEC, F1 & MotoGP.  But to be honest, WEC is quickly winning my heart over F1 ... even if they were not running side by side for 24 hrs straight, seeing the strategy play out and having the cars run 3 hour sprints for 24 hrs is supremely entertaining.  

I think all the F1 drivers on grid are starting to think "What If..." hearing about Alonso wanting to drive a LeMans car (but being turned down by Honda...) must hurt F1 a bit.  

Congrats to the Hulk, he totally deserved something finally going his way! 

#105 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

MotoGP. 

Dragging knee - meh

Dragging elbow - old hotness

Dragging your whole side down to the shoulder - :eek3:

tumblr_npxxcnF9Z91spdxzho1_1280.jpg

#106 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

Dutch GP MotoGP race
Final 7 laps :noes:
Final chicane :run:

#107 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:53 AM

I always forget Assen is on Saturday, got up this morning was checking FB and bam, spoiled :wtc:

#108 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

This was the last year it's on Saturday. They're moving it to Sunday starting 2016.
Still a good race to watch.

#109 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

Holy shit Assen was awesome!  :bowdown:

Yeah, even if it as spoiled, it was an amazing race.  I am lucky because the FB photos made it looked like it went one way, but then I watched it and it unfolded totally opposite of the photos. 

#110 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Guy Martin - Kimi's counterpart in the moto world :rofl:

3vMKNg3.jpg

#111 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

:rofl:

Arguably my 2 favorite people in motorsports...

#112 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

...and on that bombshell I'm finished with Formula 1. Fuck you Bernie, DIAF...

#113 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

What happened now Yons?  As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the last race, lol.  

#114 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

I'm quitting starting threads myself unless something major happens. The Mercs with a second a lap gap makes it predictable, they'll following each other around, maybe swap during the pits and "fight" for the lead on track for 1-2 laps. It'll either be a Ferrari or Williams in third. And that's the season. Lewis vs Nico. Exciting.

If Nico loses, he'll come back stronger. If Lewis loses he'll come back stronger. Rinse and repeat.

And good news, Kimi is the fan favorite according to the recent survey.

#115 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm quitting starting threads myself unless something major happens. The Mercs with a second a lap gap makes it predictable, they'll following each other around, maybe swap during the pits and "fight" for the lead on track for 1-2 laps. It'll either be a Ferrari or Williams in third. And that's the season. Lewis vs Nico. Exciting.

If Nico loses, he'll come back stronger. If Lewis loses he'll come back stronger. Rinse and repeat.

And good news, Kimi is the fan favorite according to the recent survey.

Does anyone else here get the feeling the Malaysia GP win by Ferrari was orchestrated by Merc turning their engines down for a weekend?  Maybe the reason they did it was just so the whole engine paritization talk would go away?  They seemingly can dictate the pace at any race with at least 0.5s in reserve whenever they need it.

#116 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

Does anyone else here get the feeling the Malaysia GP win by Ferrari was orchestrated by Merc turning their engines down for a weekend?  Maybe the reason they did it was just so the whole engine paritization talk would go away?  They seemingly can dictate the pace at any race with at least 0.5s in reserve whenever they need it.

It's certainly a bit suspicious because they've won every other race comfortably. Maybe it was especially hot and they couldn't manage the tyres as well as Ferrari but I'm not really buying it.

#117 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

What sort of amateur hour shit is going on at McLaren?  You can't blame putting the wrong tires on a car on the Honda powerplant.  This must not be the same team that has won 8 constructors and 12 drivers chips.  Even Manor Marussia aren't making these sorts of mistakes.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/119839

#118 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

What happened now Yons?  As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the last race, lol.  

Basically this, however much more elegantly than I would have said it... The stupid rules over the last few years, and Bernie blaming everyone/everything about why F1 is floundering...  Finally at least when Red Bull was dominating, the other teams actually still had a chance, (other than Maylaysia) it's always a race for 3rd.

#119 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

What sort of amateur hour shit is going on at McLaren?  You can't blame putting the wrong tires on a car on the Honda powerplant.  This must not be the same team that has won 8 constructors and 12 drivers chips.  Even Manor Marussia aren't making these sorts of mistakes.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/119839

Same shit that put them out of title contention when they actually had decent cars in 2010-2012.

#120 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

jimh2G1.gif

Fred taking his teammate battle seriously this year.

#121 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

They took a strange way of getting there, but the results were the same as ever.

#122 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

Fred taking his teammate battle seriously this year.

He would have been facing the wrong way had Jenson not saved him.

#123 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

He would have been facing the wrong way had Jenson not saved him.

He would also have an intact front wing :mamoru:

#124 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

Basically this, however much more elegantly than I would have said it... The stupid rules over the last few years, and Bernie blaming everyone/everything about why F1 is floundering...  Finally at least when Red Bull was dominating, the other teams actually still had a chance, (other than Maylaysia) it's always a race for 3rd.

Any domination is not good for the sport.  It seems that F1 has been in that trend for awhile which is making it less exciting.  Ferrari of the 90s, Red Bull of the 2000s, and now MB of the '10s...  But honestly, i can't even blame Bernie for this one.  He hates the current rules and the biggest issue is that the current rules do not allow any type of development work outside of tokens.  Freezing the engines while they are unreliable and down on power to the MBs / Ferrari motor to "save cost" is asinine.  It doesn't give the other teams even a remote chance to catch up.  

Having said that, Silverstone was really fun to watch - even though after the rain, the results ended up being the same.  But the beginning of the race was pretty exciting and it was nice to see the MBs give chase at full strength on the Williams.  But I was fist-pumping and cheering for Massa and Bottas.

#125 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

Any domination is not good for the sport.  It seems that F1 has been in that trend for awhile which is making it less exciting.  Ferrari of the 90s, Red Bull of the 2000s, and now MB of the '10s...  But honestly, i can't even blame Bernie for this one.  He hates the current rules and the biggest issue is that the current rules do not allow any type of development work outside of tokens.  Freezing the engines while they are unreliable and down on power to the MBs / Ferrari motor to "save cost" is asinine.  It doesn't give the other teams even a remote chance to catch up.  

Having said that, Silverstone was really fun to watch - even though after the rain, the results ended up being the same.  But the beginning of the race was pretty exciting and it was nice to see the MBs give chase at full strength on the Williams.  But I was fist-pumping and cheering for Massa and Bottas.

That is the thing... Engine freeze after there is equality makes sense.  Engine freeze from day one is stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users