• 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

this interview started well...

Q. Are you satisfied with your race?

Kimi Raikkonen: Do you think I am?

:hs:

Q. I am wondering?

KR: For sure we are not happy. But fortunately this is the result. In the end the car was good again but we seem to have a problem to get the tyres working. Once they switch on, it is okay. But if they don't work, then there is nothing I can do.

Q. Q. Are you still thinking of the championship, or more about helping your teammate?

KR: I am just trying to get the things right, that is the main thing. I am not thinking about anything right now. Hopefully we will get the car working. It works when the tyre works but we cannot switch the tyres on and then everything goes wrong after that. I am not really interested to think about what we are going to do in the next few races. Hopefully we can get everything right, and have some more fun again.

Q. How much is Ferrari's wet-weather performance compromising the team's championship hopes?

KR: It is not the first time for us. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, and we don't really have an explanation about why it doesn't work, and why the tyres work sometimes. I think it is not about the car not being good in some conditions, it is just to get the whole combination working together and usually we then get good results. Today was one of those. In the end, it was good but it was 40 laps too late.

Q. What are your feelings about Toro Rosso's victory? Is it embarrassing being beaten by a customer team?

KR: It was good for them, but nothing apart from the engine is from Ferrari. That is all. I think it is more an issue for Red Bull as they have the same car, so for sure we would rather be winning here but we could not.

Q. How long did it take for the tyres to come in?

KR: At the end they only started to work. They didn't have any proper grip during the first or the second stint. The second was slightly better than the first stint, but at that point it was quite late. Once we got the intermediates, first it took a while and then once they start working it is like a switch - from one lap to another it is a completely different feeling with the car and then we can push again. If we could do it straight away it would help.

Q. Is it all about the tyres then?

KR: Like I said, it helps us to get the tyre working and then everything turns good again. If we can get the tyres working straight away that will be a big help and a completely different story, but we could not today. Hopefully in the future we are able to do it.

Q. What do you think about your championship situation?

KR: It is not good, but we keep trying and hopefully we can have good races at the end of the year and that would be a nice thing. It hasn't been lately so easy, so that is what we are aiming for.

Q. Are you worried about the situation for the future, especially having just extended your contract?

KR: Well, of course I am happy otherwise I would not have signed it. This year has not been easy for us, but that is racing and it sometimes goes like that. Next year is a different story and after that we will see what we can do.

Q. Are you going to help Felipe Massa?

KR: I don't know. We will see what happens.

#102 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:31 AM

Posted Image

#103 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:37 AM

this interview started well...

:hs:

Massa supported Kimi last year at the end - I hope Kimi remembers that and helps Massa out when it comes down to it. I won't rule out Kimi, but it's getting tougher and tougher. ANd he's having a helluva time putting heat in his tires for qualifying/bad weather. I hope he gets it figured out soon. I liked Kimi of old :x:

#104 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:54 AM

I hope kimi remembers who made his wdc possible last year. Although with the way things have gone past few races Massa seems to be doing fine on his own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users