#276 PeaceCalling

PeaceCalling

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

and again

why was Massa not penalised in Valencia?

#277 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:46 PM

Now you need to catch up on the news :
Hamilton penalised, Massa handed win

I already posted that.

#278 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

and again

why was Massa not penalised in Valencia?

because they didnt penalize fernando for the exact same thing earlier this year

#279 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

well fuck, im not making AVs because i think the final result is BS.

#280 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

i wonder if people giving these penaltys have actually seen a race before

I wonder if they ever think to base decision on precedence. Seems like just start from a blank slate with every incident. It's racing, unless it blatantly affects something irreversibly, it should be left alone.

#281 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

as much as i don't like lewis winning and kimi crashing out, that's complete bullshit, lewis and kimi was pushing hard at the end, bending the rules, kimi lost it and hit the wall... lewis won... simple

#282 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

McLaren to appeal Hamilton's penalty

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, September 7th 2008, 17:15 GMT

McLaren have lodged an appeal against Lewis Hamilton's demotion to third place in the Belgian Grand Prix, the FIA confirmed on Sunday night.

Hamilton was handed a 25-second penalty for gaining an advantage against then race leader Kimi Raikkonen after cutting the chicane two laps from home at Spa-Francorchamps.

McLaren spent some time on Sunday night evaluating whether they could appeal the penalty, but an FIA statement said that the team had indeed notified the stewards of their intention to appeal.

It means the result of the Belgian Grand Prix will now be decided at a hearing of the FIA's International Court of Appeal.

Ferrari did not hide their criticism of the way Hamilton behaved after cutting the chicane, with their team principal Stefano Domenicali saying he had no doubt the way Hamilton retook the lead was the result of the benefit he had in cutting the chicane.

"Personally, I think it was a little bit extreme," he explained. "It's normal that when you attack that you are racing, but the problem is (of) the advantage that may take by doing a manoeuvre and this is the key point of it, so I think that that's the focus that has to be considered.

"What is really the advantage that you are taking in such conditions that can be used in the second situation at the first corner? That, in my view, is the most important thing. But this is racing."

Domenicali did not wish to make any comments on the decision to impose a 25-second penalty, however.

"As I said to your Italian colleagues, we are not used to commenting on decisions. The only thing I would say is that as soon as we had been summoned by the stewards, we gave our position to the stewards and that was it.

"Then the stewards for sure listened to the Hamilton discussion on that, and that is the decision. On that we don't want to take any further comment."

Ferrari have insisted that they did not lodge any official protest with the race stewards about the matter.

#283 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

just realized... Kimi said second wasn't an option... sadly, with this ruling, coming in second would've gave him the win and Hamilton would've ended up in 4th....

this could've been the points:
Lewis 75
Massa 74
Kimi 67

#284 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

how did shinigami get a job as a race steward?!?

#285 PeaceCalling

PeaceCalling

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

seriously is this costs mclaren and lewis the championship - then this has been one bullshit year

#286 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

I'd be VERY interested in seeing the McLaren telemetry from Lewis' car after he came out of the chicane. I seriously doubt he lifted to allow Kimi to fully regain his position (which is what McLaren is publically stating) before the braking zone and subsquent pass made there.

As I don't particularly care for either driver involved in the incident, I don't have a dog in the fight. But if Schumacher cut the chicane, and made the subsquent pass into Le' Source, I don't beleive we'd be seeing the steward's investigation. IMO of course.

#287 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

oh shit, didnt even hear about this penalty until now :bowrofl:

#288 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

oh shit, didnt even hear about this penalty until now :bowrofl:

if LH was a few seconds slower on the last lap your boy freddy would have podiumed by the final result.

#289 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

I cant find the picture, but i was exactly like it.

First they show a chick with a good ass and a bunch of guys cheering (hamilton spinning out).
Then the chick turns around and is ugly and the guys sober down (kimi spinning/crashing) :run:

:noes:

I know my neighbors were wondering :noes: is going on with me this morning :bowrofl:

#290 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

Wow and Hamilton drove a great race too.

#291 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

Here's the video of the "incident", get it while it's hot.

SuperWTF

In for McLaren Appeal. Jesus let him have the position back, and the only reason he overtook Kimi at that corner is because Kimi did that stupid shimi into the turn.

I'm going back to bed. :bowrofl:

Well, he barely let Kimi back in the lead, looked like it was less than a car length (I think this is the only thing he did wrong), and had he not passed in the chicane and not cut it, then he definitely would have been further back and not close enough coming out of the chicane to make the move that he did into La Source :noes:

Had he left a more obvious gap and made the pass later on in the lap then all would have been fair and well.

But I don't quite agree with the penalty, because there was no way he was going to finish 3rd today - had he tried to repass later and failed to do so he would still have been 2nd. He would probably have been successful at repassing, although that's up for speculation. So he deserved to keep the win.

Fair would have been for the stewards to ask him to let Kimi by and attempt to repass :noes: Unfortunately that's probably not something they ever do.

This is good for the championship, but it's a crap decision. They should have let the result stand.

#292 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

Did Kimi really wreck?

I feel like he did, but I'm hoping it was just a nightmare.

#293 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Did Kimi really wreck?

I feel like he did, but I'm hoping it was just a nightmare.

"Stupid car, you took wrong turn. Bar is this way."

Posted Image

#294 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

Posted Image

lol

#295 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

:bowrofl:

#296 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

I feel HORRIBLE for Kimi :bowrofl:

Even tho I'm a fan of Lewis :noes:

Same.

No one else could have done what those two did in the closing parts of that race. That was a fucking epic battle.

#297 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

kimi blatently pushes him over

well done for ruining a great finish to a race faggot stewards

They're just ensuring that actual racing doesn't appear in F1 anymore. That was the best battle i've seen on track in a LONG time, and all they did was reward the guy that didn't take part, nor would ever take part in something like that.

#298 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Just rewatched the battle, and with all the other shit that happened, from Kimis hitting Lewis' rear wheel to the Williams Outta Nowhere, to penalize Hamilton for not giving Kimi back ENOUGH space back after being pushed wide is fucking ludicrous.

#299 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

Just got done watching the race. It was even more intense at the end than you guys made it seem. And the stewards are a joke, even the Speed guys were saying that Hamilton should let him pass but stay on his gearbox. Shitty.

#300 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

Well, he barely let Kimi back in the lead, looked like it was less than a car length (I think this is the only thing he did wrong), and had he not passed in the chicane and not cut it, then he definitely would have been further back and not close enough coming out of the chicane to make the move that he did into La Source :bowrofl:

Had he left a more obvious gap and made the pass later on in the lap then all would have been fair and well.

But I don't quite agree with the penalty, because there was no way he was going to finish 3rd today - had he tried to repass later and failed to do so he would still have been 2nd. He would probably have been successful at repassing, although that's up for speculation. So he deserved to keep the win.

Fair would have been for the stewards to ask him to let Kimi by and attempt to repass :noes: Unfortunately that's probably not something they ever do.

This is good for the championship, but it's a crap decision. They should have let the result stand.

That's is all its about, its about gaining an advantage. If you watch it again, Hamilton could have stopped or slowed considerably in the chicane to avoid Kimi. He just saw cutting the chicane as the better alternative. Would he have done the same if there was a wall/grass there? This has been argued for the incident back at France. I dont know about letting Heidfeld pass him but rules are rules and Hamilton likes bending them.

Oh P.S: FUCK YEAH for quick nick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users