Simoncelli becoming a new favorite :bowdown:

#27 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

What do you think of Simoncelli's ride-through? That kind of annoyed me...I think Dani went in deep, and stood the bike up for sure. I def. don't want to see him with a broken collarbone, but I don't think Simoncelli deserved a ride-through since it feels like a racing incident. Totally sawks for both of them.

Casey's domination...I don't like that guy. Neither do I like Lorenzo very much atm.

I'm getting very disappointed at Spies. I can't believe Simoncelli got around him on the last lap...Dude has something on his shoulders and he should be riding better than this. He was awesome last year on the Tech 3 Yamaha.

#28 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Sim's ride through I don't agree with, it was a racing incident, Pedro messed up on the braking and that was that, sucks what happened, but not Sim's fault...

I don't like Stoner either, or Lorenzo, but as long as Lorenzo doesn't storm off with point, I'm happy for anyone else to win...

and yeah, Ben is kinda a let down this season, he was the golden boy, now he's being upstaged by Cal on a satellite bike... he's kinda been off the radar, kinda like Hayden really... just no where really this season...

#29 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Simoncelli is not getting any support from anywhere. Not even Rossi for his clash with Dani...I dunno. He def. didn't give Simoncelli any room and I'm not sure what kind of gentelmen's agreement you have in motorcycle racing, whether that was fair or not. Dani really didn't have an option at that point...no out whatsoever. So it was either stand the bike up to brake or lay it over and take them both out. Sucks for Dani really though...

Maybe it's the pressure...he did really well last year on the same bike that Kal is on this year.

#30 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Simoncelli is not getting any support from anywhere. Not even Rossi for his clash with Dani...I dunno. He def. didn't give Simoncelli any room and I'm not sure what kind of gentelmen's agreement you have in motorcycle racing, whether that was fair or not. Dani really didn't have an option at that point...no out whatsoever. So it was either stand the bike up to brake or lay it over and take them both out. Sucks for Dani really though...

Maybe it's the pressure...he did really well last year on the same bike that Kal is on this year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still don't think Ben is one of the 'aliens'.. He's damn good, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was on factory-spec equipment at Tech3 from Indy onwards last year.

That being said, the rest of the grid need to catch up to the 'factory' Hondas (Repsol Honda + Simoncelli's Gresini). Had Simoncelli not taken out Pedrosa it'd be a Honda 1-2-3-4 result..

#31 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

You're probably right about him not being an 'alien', but shouldn't he be on a factory-spec bike now? :o

Speaking of which, does the 'upper' echelon of F1 drivers called anything special like "aliens"? For me if they were, it'd be Vettel, Alonso, Lewis, and maybe Kubica...Schumacher of old too.

#32 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still don't think Ben is one of the 'aliens'.. He's damn good, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was on factory-spec equipment at Tech3 from Indy onwards last year.
That being said, the rest of the grid need to catch up to the 'factory' Hondas (Repsol Honda + Simoncelli's Gresini). Had Simoncelli not taken out Pedrosa it'd be a Honda 1-2-3-4 result..

You're probably right about him not being an 'alien', but shouldn't he be on a factory-spec bike now? :o
Speaking of which, does the 'upper' echelon of F1 drivers called anything special like "aliens"? For me if they were, it'd be Vettel, Alonso, Lewis, and maybe Kubica...Schumacher of old too.

Honda is curb stomping the competition right now and the only reason why one of the Honda riders has run away with it is because there are 3 of them picking points off each other. Dovi on any given day shouldn't be able to beat Rossi on back to back weekends, the Honda is making him look good... I mean he is good, but not I can beat Rossi on back to back races good...

Yamaha and Ducati need to do something quick...

Difference between F1 and MotoGP "aliens" is that during the 800cc era, only 4 riders have won races in normal conditions (ie: non-rain/non flag to flag), where as in F1, almost any top driver in a top car can win...

#33 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

He is, but because he sits on a blue bike as opposed to a black/yellow bike now, coming in 5-6th place is no longer regarded as an achievement.

#34 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

He is, but because he sits on a blue bike as opposed to a black/yellow bike now, coming in 5-6th place is no longer regarded as an achievement.

Except while he was on the Tech 3 bike, he was doing better than 5-6th like he is now. He got 2 podiums and a pole...

#35 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Except while he was on the Tech 3 bike, he was doing better than 5-6th like he is now. He got 2 podiums and a pole...

The Hondas weren't dominant last year. The only person you can directly compare him to in that time period to now is Lorenzo, who has had 3 podiums this year and is leading the championship. Ben has DNF'd twice and had two 6th places in that duration.

#36 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

The Hondas weren't dominant last year. The only person you can directly compare him to in that time period to now is Lorenzo, who has had 3 podiums this year and is leading the championship. Ben has DNF'd twice and had two 6th places in that duration.

But that's what I'm saying...last year he was a bit hotter than this year on a satellite bike which is why I thought he was going to be part of that group this year on a factory bike. So far not turning out to be true :vuvu:

#37 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

But that's what I'm saying...last year he was a bit hotter than this year on a satellite bike which is why I thought he was going to be part of that group this year on a factory bike. So far not turning out to be true :vuvu:

Yeah its a bit disappointing tbh. Looked like he might give lorenzo a run for his money likenlorenzo did to vale initially

#38 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Well next year we have all new bikes again so that should be pretty interesting...

I feel like Marco cut across Dani very very late, it was overly aggressive.

As for the Americans, maybe the pressure is on? Could be the fact Rossi ain't setting up the bikes or leading developement either. We know the Ducati isn't good and Rossi is better than Hayden but it would be nice to see something out of him.

#39 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

F1 Spanish GP > MotoGP Spanish GP :eek3:

#40 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

snooze fest...

#41 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

I'd never thought I'd say it...but F1 is actually more entertaining than MotoGP at the moment :vuvu:

#42 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

I'll say it again... MotoGP riders laugh at physics

#43 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

#44 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

hahahahah

#45 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

time/channel combo for Laguna Seca today?

I assume it's on SPEED, at 5 EST?

#46 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

time/channel combo for Laguna Seca today?

I assume it's on SPEED, at 5 EST?

speed had the worst coverage ever... it aired more commercials than actual race... their motogp coverage normally is crap, but somehow found a way to make it even worse for the USGP..

#47 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

So what do you guys think about Lorenzo and Stoner and maybe others not going to Motegi? :greddy:

#48 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

speed had the worst coverage ever... it aired more commercials than actual race... their motogp coverage normally is crap, but somehow found a way to make it even worse for the USGP..

I actually had to turn it off, the incessant twang of billy-joe-bob color-commentator made me ill.

#49 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

So what do you guys think about Lorenzo and Stoner and maybe others not going to Motegi? :greddy:

Fawkin' pussies.

#50 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

http://motomatters.c...smosedici_.html

excellent read on the issues with the ducati...
kinda long but well worth it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users