101 replies to this topic

#51 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Rossi doesn't want to go to Motegi either...I think it's less about logic now and the fact that these guys are just supersticious as hell. C'mon guys, go racing.

#52 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

this years Misano helmet

Posted Image

#53 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

this years Misano helmet

Posted Image

Not really sure I understand the reference...? Is he just becoming a humanitarian?

#54 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

They are symbols for swearing about how he's feeling while riding. he said "putting fuck on a helmet isn't polite"

#55 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

link?

Yeah...there are rumors right now of him taking up a Honda satellite bike next year. I honestly hope he finishes up with the Duc. Winning a championship on 3 different mftgs would solidify that he is the Greatest of All Time...

#56 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

"What I think when I ride," Rossi said, though he played down suggestions it was particularly when he rode the Ducati. He had chose the symbols "because a helmet with the word 'f**k' is not polite."

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2011/09/03/2011_misano_motogp_saturday_round_up_the.html

He's finishing at ducati. Hopefully they are getting a shtt ton of information this season with Rossi basically being a test rider now and they fix the front end of the bike. Would be nice to see ducati on the sharp end of the stick with more than one rider.

#57 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

You know its not going well when a satellite bike outqualifies Vale on the factory bike...

#58 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Aluminum front on one of the GP11.1 for Rossi this weekend :noes:

Posted Image

#59 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

welp... it's still not looking good... :hs:

Snip from Ryders comments
"Jerry Burgess doesn't seem too impressed. He repeated to me today what he said in Qatar when I asked him what the prospects were: "I wouldn't start from here." I may be wrong, but the more I watch what's happening at Ducati the more I get the feeling they're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic."

#60 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

welp... it's still not looking good... :hs:

Wow...so is it a management issue? Why are they not letting JB & VR design the bike? I'm at a lost here...:dunno:

#61 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

Wow...so is it a management issue? Why are they not letting JB & VR design the bike? I'm at a lost here...:dunno:

you know, I'm not sure...
at first I thought it was the whole carbon fiber thing was not giving enough feed back and was too stiff and getting a proper setup was as easy as finding a unicorn shitting a rainbow...
then they went to Mugello with the aluminum front on the 1000cc and it knocked over a second off their previous attempts, so it was positive result, but the lack of feedback and lack of front end feel was still there...

Aragon isn't a front end track and this was the first time running the aluminum front end, so not enough time to really set it up properly...

I'm starting to wonder if the real issue is the frameless design with the engine as a stress member that's the real problem... I mean even with aluminum foil as a front end and a swing arm, it's a very short distance to the engine to really allow any flex... so maybe it's the frame design that's the problem... and adding in the carbon fiber with the lack of feedback/flex is just compounding the problem... maybe if they had a carbon fiber twin spar frame that would work better?

I realized something this weekend watching Rossi race... he doesn't stick his leg out anymore, he doesn't lean as far, and Cal passing Rossi on the brakes? when was the last time you saw ANYONE out break Rossi, let alone a mid-packer/rookie...

this bike is killing Rossi's riding style...

#62 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

The solution - or what Ducati hopes will be the solution - is already lined up. Ducati team boss Vitto Guareschi told Italian reporters that Ducati will test yet another chassis at Jerez on Thursday, and then again at the official MotoGP test at Valencia. This will be the Ducati's 5th chassis of the year, after the original CF chassis they started the year with; a revised, softer version test after Estoril; the GP11.1 chassis (though this is largely unchanged at the front) with the altered swingarm bracing and rear shock mounting; and then the longer aluminium item used here at Aragon.

What is radical about the new item is that it will finally break with Ducati's tradition of using the engine as a stressed member. The new chassis will be a standard aluminium twin spar design, as used by all the other factories, Dennis Noyes reported on Spanish TV on Sunday night, and the most obvious candidate to produce the chassis is the Buckingham-based firm FTR, who built the frame used by Rossi at Aragon.

Well there we go... chassis #5 in a single season :hs:

#63 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Well there we go... chassis #5 in a single season :hs:

No point developing next year's bike if the fundamentals of it are shit. They need to figure out what the root of the problem is before they can go forward, might as well use the rest of this season as a R&D testbed.

#64 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

Jorge ruled out of Australia GP after finger injury during morning warm up :eek3:

Posted Image

#65 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:39 AM

what the fuck, is he missing a third of his left ring finger in that pic? :barf:

#66 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

and it gets better...
Both ben and jorge out...

Yamaha Factory Racing riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies will not ride in today's Grand Prix of Australia following separate on track incidents by both.

World Champion Lorenzo was declared unfit to race after sustaining an injury to the fourth finger of the left hand during this morning's warm up. He will travel to Melbourne to undergo plastic surgery to repair the damage. A post surgery report will follow.

Lorenzo's team mate Spies received a hit to the head yesterday during the qualifying session after a high speed crash. After attempting to ride some laps in this morning's warm up, the rider reached an agreement with team members that with reduced concentration attempting the race would be considered too dangerous for himself and other competitors.

#67 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

Honda podium! woo!

#68 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

just leaving this here

Posted Image

#69 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

And Lorenzo is out of the Malaysian GP as well...

#70 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Jesus christ, gonna be really interesting to see how much finger he has left after the plastic surgery.

#71 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

i thought he just had an injury, pictures convey so much more

#72 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

WTF happened?!

#73 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

WTF happened?!

during warmup couple hours before the race he had a mini high but instead of flying, he got spiked and the bike landed on his hand...

Lorenzo injured both the middle and ring fingers in the crash, the ring finger most severely. Lorenzo's middle finger required a skin graft, but his ring finger required a more complicated procedure, to reattach the extensor tendon (responsible for stretching the finger out straight) to the fingertip bone, half of which Lorenzo lost in the crash. The pace of Lorenzo's recovery will determine whether the Spaniard will race at Valencia or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwLvil8qM0

#74 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Not exactly MotoGP, but :eek: worthy:

Posted Image

#75 Redliner