:sighofreleif:

#102 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:03 AM

Nov.5 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has announced a deadline for Silverstone to either sign a contract or lose the British grand prix.

The F1 chief executive, whose desired deal with Donington collapsed last week, indicated to the Daily Express newspaper that negotiations with the Northamptonshire circuit are now over.

"Maybe they have lost their pen but if they don't find it in the next day or two then that is it," he said.

"I will pull the race off the calendar and there will be no British grand prix to argue about," the 79-year-old billionaire added.

we will know soon I guess

I wish we could rewind a few years to when F1 was awesome

#103 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

So, I guess I get to Nacho it up, and pull for whomever strikes my fancy that particular week? :hs: :mamoru:

Really, the only team I never cared for was Toyota.

Ok, maybe BMW, Force India, Ferrari and Renault too. But mostly Toyota. Most every other team on the grid had some sort of redeeming quality at some point (like Midland's livery, or STR's employ of an American).

#104 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

Only teams I didnt pull for this year were Brawn and STR.

Last year I think it was everyone except Honda/Toyota/FI

The grid is getting more likeable!

#105 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

I'm just glad someone is sticking to their guns. Oddly enough, they've been the most riddled manufactuer in awhile too and they're sticking to it...props to them.

#106 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Is there anything funnier than a teenage Schumi? Poll at 11.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#107 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

:hs:

Was a serious interview even when he was a kid.

No, I cannot smile yet as I have yet to win a WDC

#108 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

Shit, not so fast:

Renault delays decision on F1 future

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, November 5th 2009, 14:36 GMT

Carlos GhosnRenault will make a decision on its participation in Formula 1 in the future before the end of 2009, the French car maker said on Thursday.

On the same day Toyota announced it is quitting the sport with immediate effect, Renault held an extraordinary board meeting to discuss its future plans, amid reports that it could also leave grand prix racing.

On Thursday, Renault Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn did not clear any doubts about the French manufacturer's future involvement, just stating that Renault will make a decision before the end of the year.

"You will have to be patient," Ghosn was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency as telling reporters in Paris.

"We will make an announcement on our participation in Formula 1 before the end of the year."

Renault is, along Ferrari, the only manufacturer team left in Formula 1 following the exits of Honda, BMW and Toyota in the last 12 months.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/80031

#109 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

:hs: he looks the EXACT same... its like a small version

#110 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

anyone keeping track of the whole A1GP saga?
3 races so far canceled because they don't have the funds to get there... and A1GP has some property basically being held hostage because they haven't paid the bill...

Unless they get some $$$, I don't think they'll make the end of the season

#111 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image

#112 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

In an interview with theF1times, Kobayashi revealed that the 4 new teams are his main targets to get a race seat, and that he would most like to be at Lotus.

"Obviously my seat at Toyota is gone, I was close to signing the contract for 2010, but with four new teams, and a couple of current ones with no confirmed drivers, there are options, but to the current teams, I am a "risk", which isn't very good for my morale really. I do believe I'll get a seat, if I had to choose a team, I'd choose Lotus. The name is enough really."

The Japanese also mentioned that Toyota will be helping him, as well as Kazuki Nakajima to find a race seat for 2010.

"They’re working with myself and my agent to help me find a seat, they are doing the same for Kazuki Nakajima as well, Toyota explained to me that they couldn’t compete in the sport no longer but will help me in my career as much as possible."

He also revealed that he is in contact with several teams right now, especially the new entrants as he does not believe there are any other options.

"A couple of teams, new teams really. McLaren are out of my league, Ferrari are the same, Renault I’m not sure of, Red Bull are secure, Brawn have Rosberg I think, Williams are done, I do not even know if Sauber will be here next year, Toro Rosso just want the same drivers. I think for me, my options are the four new teams really."

hope springs eternal =3

#113 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

Brawn: Rivals tried to unsettle Button with offers
Thursday 5th November 2009

Ross Brawn has accused other teams of trying to unsettle Jenson Button with offers during the season.

After clinching the World Championship in Brazil just over two weeks ago, a relieved Button spoke of the pressures he was under in attempting to close out the season following his phenomenal start.

It would appear that those 'pressures' included teams attempting to prise away the 29-year-old from Brawn GP.

Confirming other teams have, and still are, trying to lure Button as he "has some offers", Brawn told BBC Radio 5Live: "Our business is incredibly competitive.

"There were people, when they became aware of Jenson's contractual situation, who tried to unsettle him during the Championship.

"He knew some of those tactics were for that reason."

A move to McLaren is currently one of the options on the table for Button, who has made it clear he would prefer to remain at Brawn.

However, there is an impasse over his salary demands, of which Brawn said: "Jenson wants a very competitive car and he wants a reasonable salary.

"If we offer those two things we'll find a reasonable solution. I'm pretty optimistic.

"It's not a situation we would have planned, to be at this stage without the world champion tied up, but all the talks have been positive so far."

Although it is widely believed that a deal for Nico Rosberg has already been concluded, Brawn GP insist the German will not be confirmed until the issues around Button have been resolved.

"Once we've got Jenson sorted we'll be announcing our whole package, and we want to make an impact when we do that," confirmed Brawn.

Button to Forice India :bowdown:

#114 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

hudo-ken? :bowdown:

#115 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

do any of you read axis of oversteer??

http://axisofoverste...ay-be-most.html

:bowdown:

#116 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

:hs:

I visit daily...:bowdown:

#117 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

"GP2 stuff"?!?!?!?!1 :hs:

#118 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

hope springs a kernel

Fixed. :bowdown:

#119 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Bernie up to his old tricks again? Well, probably.

The deadline issued by Bernie Ecclestone is likely to pass without a deal for a 2010 British Grand Prix in place.

It was reported earlier this week that the F1 chief executive was giving Silverstone bosses a "day or two" to sign his contract before the British race is pulled from next year's calendar.

The Times reports that the Northamptonshire track's management was "surprised" by the ultimatum, which is now set to end.

"Their puzzlement is such because they say Silverstone is waiting for Ecclestone to respond to amendments to the contract, not the other way round," the London based newspaper reported.

More grumblings about USF1 failing to show up for the races.

Ross Brawn has expressed surprise at the news that USF1, one of three start-up new teams for the 2010 season, has not yet commenced internal crash-testing of components.

The publications Blick and Auto Motor und Sport revealed the news this week, to which Brawn replied: "We have been crash testing for the new car for the past two months, to be ready for the official tests.

"A new team should be doing the same if it wants to be ready for the beginning of the season," the Briton added.

Auto Motor und Sport estimated the chance that the Charlotte-based team will be ready to race in 2010 at "zero".

It has been rumoured that one possible outcome for USF1 is the sale of its 2010 entry to another team.

The reports said that at a recent Formula One Teams’ Association meeting, all team bosses with the exception of USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor wanted to forbid teams from selling their official entries.

#120 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

who saw this coming lolrofffflllll

#121 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

My god, things are getting ugly. Renault is going to leave, there is no way they stay. The manufacturers hate Bernie's operations...and who can blame them? I get that Bernie is out for number one, but what good is being king if the castle falls to ruins? No British GP? No French or Canadian or American race? No Manufacturers besides Ferrari? New teams that won't even make the grid? F1 has basically become A1 GP. Shitty teams run by a shitty management group at shitty, 3rd world tracks. Korea, India, the desert, who the fuck cares about these places.

#122 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Looking more and more like new formula should have happened. :bowdown:

#123 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

My god, things are getting ugly. Renault is going to leave, there is no way they stay. The manufacturers hate Bernie's operations...and who can blame them? I get that Bernie is out for number one, but what good is being king if the castle falls to ruins? No British GP? No French or Canadian or American race? No Manufacturers besides Ferrari? New teams that won't even make the grid? F1 has basically become A1 GP. Shitty teams run by a shitty management group at shitty, 3rd world tracks. Korea, India, the desert, who the fuck cares about these places.

it's ridiculous...

#124 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

Due to having been forced to terminate Raikkonen's contract a year ahead of schedule, Ferrari promised to pay the 18-time grand prix-winner €17 million if he does not compete in F1 in 2010, or €10m if he does. To that end, German magazine Auto Motor und Sport reports that McLaren is offering a deal of just €5 million, reasoning that his total would thereby be a still more-than-acceptable €15 million – but the 30-year-old's management team of Steve and David Roberston is said to be unwilling to budge on its demands, as well as the stipulation that Raikkonen has to attend fewer sponsor days than would be the norm.

now, I understand Kimi is asking for a good chunk of change... BUT...
why is McLaren being all "well he's making $10M anyways..." what does that have to do with anything?
just because I might be a trust fund baby doesn't mean my job can pay me minimum wage...

if they offered $10M I'd say that was at least reasonable, but piggy backing on what Ferrari is paying him and offering less... that's retarded...

#125 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

FUCK YOU BERNARD ECCLESTONE! :bowdown:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users