23 replies to this topic

#1 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Formula One Management CEO Bernie Ecclestone has proposed to give F1's richest teams more freedom to spend vast sums of money.

The scheme, at odds with the current trend for massive cost-cutting in the wake of the departure of Honda, would be in exchange for the manufacturers promising a long-term commitment to the sport he claims.

"If the manufacturers are prepared to make a long-term commitment, say seven to 10 years, we should let them spend what they want to spend, providing they supply engines and gearboxes at an affordable price," the 78-year-old billionaire told the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

Following the expiry of the binding Concorde Agreement, the sport is currently commercially governed by a memorandum of understanding, which by Ecclestone's own admission is not legally binding.

It is in pressing for teams to commit to a new Concorde that he recently mischievously threatened to reduce, rather than increase, the revenue distributed to the teams.

The Briton hopes his lure of greater freedom for the big teams will entice them to sign up soon, even though recent cost-cutting moves were widely welcomed.

"Whether they will commit to that I don't know. Getting them to agree on anything has always been the problem," Ecclestone said.

"But if they did it would prevent the kind of thing we have seen with Honda because we could sue the arse off them if they left. They wouldn't like that."

Despite his recent suggestions to improve the sport, however, including his rejected 'medals' scoring system, Ecclestone insists he is not interested in succeeding Max Mosley as FIA President.

"Max doesn't get paid. Even if they paid me 10 times what I earn now I wouldn't do it," he laughed.

:)

F1's big teams can plug any holes on the grid by fielding third cars, according to Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone.

In the wake of Honda's departure from the sport, and speculation that further teams might succumb to the effects of the global financial crisis, Formula One is facing an immediate future with grids of perhaps fewer than 18 drivers.

Short of plugging the gaps with new team entrants, Ecclestone says the easiest solution to the problem is to ask the best-financed existing teams to enter more cars.

"That is what basically will happen," said Ecclestone,
who has denied that he is contractually bound to organisers and broadcasters to provide well-stocked fields.

He explained to DPA: "If the manufacturers supply engines to other people, they can run three cars themselves."

Ecclestone hinted that the third car provision could be triggered immediately, such as if a buyer is not found for Honda's Brackley-based team.

"It is better to have 20 cars on the grid, whether they are in the hands of manufacturers or in private hands, that doesn't make any difference," he said.

:)

#2 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

I had no idea that Max wasn't getting paid for any of this -- is that true? :)

He gets a little more creidt in my book, but...they're still killin' F1 :)

#3 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

I had no idea that Max wasn't getting paid for any of this -- is that true? :)

He gets a little more creidt in my book, but...they're still killin' F1 :)

I think he meant paid.

#4 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

anyone want to pool some money and send Williams a farewell bouquet and a card?

This is the most retarded shit i've heard yet...

#5 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Schumi third string Ferrari driver :) :) :eek3:

No, super serial this is retarded and a grab for cash - just like bernie would do

#6 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Schumi third string Ferrari driver :) :) :eek3:

No, super serial this is retarded and a grab for cash - just like bernie would do

Seriously, how can the independents be expected to get any decent constructor points with the top teams having an extra car?

#7 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

Way to drive it into the ground Bernie. Condescending pompous prick.

#8 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Seriously, how can the independents be expected to get any decent constructor points with the top teams having an extra car?

i was gonna say they should run a young driver in a 2007 (8)spec car..but the n i realized the regulatiosn completely changed lol

#9 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

Williams is yet to agree to be formally affiliated with Formula One's first official theme park, set to open in Dubai later this year.

F1-X is a 70-acre park with over 20 major rides and exhibits, and a star attraction at the entrance is set to be a full-sized grid of Formula One cars.

Grove-based Williams, however, is so far refusing to provide for the 'grid' a show car or rolling chassis, despite the personal involvement in the request of F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone, according to reports in the German press.

Williams, the only team in F1 not backed by a car manufacturer or a billionaire individual, is arguing that because it does not benefit directly from the display of its name or sponsors, the use of its car should accompany a commercial settlement.

Ecclestone is quoted as advising Sir Frank Williams to ask his sponsors for additional payments, since they will benefit the most from the exhibit in Dubai.

You know Bernie is going to profit from that park....

#10 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

If Bernie wants it - he should pay it out of his own pocket the tight ass. I fucking HATE his money fixation

#11 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

You know Bernie is going to profit from that park....

This only makes my support for Williams grow even stronger...Where do I buy Williams gear at?

#12 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

This only makes my support for Williams grow even stronger...Where do I buy Williams gear at?

bernies f1 store :bowdown:

#13 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

http://www.williamsf1.com/

#14 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:47 AM

Slavica just owned him :)

#15 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:47 AM

officially*

#16 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

Slavica just owned him :)

Been nice if she held the rights to F1. Sell them for $1

#17 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

1 billion pounds....damn

http://www.crash.net...on_staging.html

#18 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

1 billion pounds....damn

http://www.crash.net...on_staging.html

like he'll even notice...
I couldn't even imagine how i'd spend $1B. I'd buy every car I'd want, every boat I'd want, every atv, motorcycle, private jet, house and still be shitting money... I'd probably buy an F22 Raptor just because I could... and then still have several hundred million sitting around collecting dust

#19 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

I couldn't even imagine how i'd spend $1B. I'd buy every car I'd want, every boat I'd want, every atv, motorcycle, private jet, house and still be shitting money... I'd probably buy an F22 Raptor just because I could... and then still have several hundred million sitting around collecting dust

according to forbes the guy only has a net worth of $3.7B, so i guess losing over 37% of your value in 58 seconds (that's 23.8 million USD per second :eek3: ) still hurts him somewhat..

#20 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

yup. seriously

#21 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

You could almost buy 10 raptors for that ($137mil/F22). I'd personally buy an F14 and pay to keep Kenny Loggins on retainer to ride around when I fly it.

#22 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

I'd personally buy an F14 and pay to keep Kenny Loggins on retainer to ride around when I fly it.

:mamoru2:

#23 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

You could almost buy 10 raptors for that ($137mil/F22). I'd personally buy an F14 and pay to keep Kenny Loggins on retainer to ride around when I fly it.

let's put this into somewhat of a perspective...
she's getting £1,000,000,000 which at today's trading is $1,405,250,309.00 USD

here is a short shopping list:
F22 Raptor (Link) - $140M
Dubai SuperYacht (Link) - $350M
Bill Gates House (Link) - $120M
AH-64 Apache (Link) - $25M
Gulfstream G650 (Link) - $60M
Supercars, Motorcycles, JetSkis, ATV's (Lambos, Ferraris, Ducati's, etc etc) - $40M
F1 Car - $15M (?)
$50M worth of real estate and transport on each of the 6 continents - $300M

= $1,050,000,000 USD

so... even after you buy the most advanced fighter jet, worlds largest personal super yacht, the most advanced attack helicopter, get a house like bill gates, buy the fastest cars and motorcycles, an F1 Car, "weekend get aways" and vacation homes with transport on every continent, fastest longest range personal jet...

you'll still have over $350M left....

#24 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

let's put this into somewhat of a perspective...
she's getting �1,000,000,000 which at today's trading is $1,405,250,309.00 USD

here is a short shopping list:
F22 Raptor (Link) - $140M
Dubai SuperYacht (Link) - $350M
Bill Gates House (Link) - $120M
AH-64 Apache (Link) - $25M
Gulfstream G650 (Link) - $60M
Supercars, Motorcycles, JetSkis, ATV's (Lambos, Ferraris, Ducati's, etc etc) - $40M
F1 Car - $15M (?)
$50M worth of real estate and transport on each of the 6 continents - $300M

= $1,050,000,000 USD

so... even after you buy the most advanced fighter jet, worlds largest personal super yacht, the most advanced attack helicopter, get a house like bill gates, buy the fastest cars and motorcycles, an F1 Car, "weekend get aways" and vacation homes with transport on every continent, fastest longest range personal jet...

you'll still have over $350M left....

I'll take what he's having...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users